New version

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
Tosh

New version

Post by Tosh »

Why was the interface chnaged? Before it was so easy to use and now its complicated and I don't know how to use it. Befoe I could use a right click and just change it. There was also a small popup in the lower screen area.

The window is too small:
https://i.imgur.com/QeodIPy.png

is there any eway to get them back?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0

Re: New version

Post by Guest »

Just adding my 2 cents. My window expands completely, not just 1 website but up to like 10 websites. May be check your browser settings?
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
JohnnyQ

Post by JohnnyQ »

I suppose you speak about NoScript 10.1.1 on Firefox Quantum?

I concur. The new interface is a complete mess. Nothing whatsover to do with what we knew so far and no explanations whatsoever anywhere.

Way to go NoScript developers. That's the best way of destroying an extension and making you lose all your users and supporters.

Sorry if this sounds negative but I have rarely been so disappointed by a new version of an extension. :(
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

The change was forced because it is not technically possible to implement the old GUI under WebExtensions.

https://hackademix.net/2017/11/21/top-i ... ment-38469
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
Tosh

Post by Tosh »

So it is still in work and will get better later? I understand that you can not keep it as it was but this doesn't fix my problem. I don't want to have random scripts and ads running on sites thats why I used NoScript. In the current state it is not usable for me. The window is too small and doesn't show all settings and I have no idea how to use it. It looks like a new addon which makes me rethink to keep using it in future or just move to a different addon. It feels like JohnnyQ said Im so disappointed by the new version.

Before it was relaly good and usefull. I just want to share my honest opinion.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Indeed not the final version and as noted in the comment concrete suggestions are welcome.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-