auto-import of old settings seemingly fail

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
negativeions

auto-import of old settings seemingly fail

Post by negativeions »

So today all of a sudden I see that no script went from "legacy" status to now being listed as an extension again with Firefox 57. I visit sites I normally do (i.e. IMDB) and all of a sudden pull down arrows won't work and images won't load. I didn't do anything. NoScript just updated itself. If I check "Scripts Globally allowed", imdb will work again. Should I clear my whitelist that took months if not years to gather? Or is something screwed up with noscript?
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.12; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
Thrawn
Master Bug Buster

Re: auto-import of old settings seemingly fail

Post by Thrawn »

The changes in Firefox 57 have mandated a complete rewrite of all extensions. NoScript 10 is a work in progress.

Settings such as XSS exceptions and ABE should be preserved, but it's not clear yet whether your whitelist is imported. Others seem to think not.
======
Thrawn
------------
Religion is not the opium of the masses. Daily life is the opium of the masses.

True religion, which dares to acknowledge death and challenge the way we live, is an attempt to wake up.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/45.0
Oak

Re: auto-import of old settings seemingly fail

Post by Oak »

My whitelist was imported, insofar as I see all of my whitelisted sites there. But NoScript itself does not work correctly. In order to create this post I had to use Chrome, because Firefox is completely broken now.

I click on the NoScript button in the toolbar, and the sites are set to trusted, with every checkbox checked, but scripts are not running. It looks like this on every website. Scripts show as trusted, but no scripts run. Every single website is broken.

Weirdly, it was doing the exact opposite yesterday: every site was having every script allowed, despite when I clicked on the toolbar it said those domains were not trusted. It just seems to be completely broken. Clicking on the various options (Default, Trusted, Untrusted) has no effect. It only broke today though, after it was updated. It basically became truly NoScript (ever).
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/62.0.3202.94 Safari/537.36