"Temporarily allow" option?

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post

"Temporarily allow" option?

Post by Guest »

hello, I am using the new 10.1.1 which look so different from the previous version that I am not sure how to use it. In particular, I cannot find the "temporarily allow" option anywhere. How do I temporarily allow a page?
Thank you! - Mike T.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0

Re: "Temporarily allow" option?

Post by Guest »

I was wondering the same thing myself. Usually I have a bar at the bottom of my window that let me do this or I could use the icon I have pinned at the top. The bar at the bottom of my browser is absent and the icon no longer has that feature.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
imaginaryideals

Post by imaginaryideals »

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.12; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0

Post by Guest »

OK, I see that now, thanks. I would be happy to see the bar at the bottom of the page reappear, it was very clear what was going on then.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0

Post by Guest »

Who thought that was an improvement? It's completely hidden.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
grizzler

Post by grizzler »

As long as there is no option to "temporarily allow all" on a page, switching off noscript (and on again afterwards) is faster if there are lots of hosts involved. Of course that does mean I have to restart the browser - twice - as just looking at the options makes it lock up solid every time (I've seen this reported already elsewhere...).

By the way, the clock icon isn't visible here, because the VERTROUWD label ('trusted' in Dutch) completely obscures it.

Edit
Come to think of it, (temporarily) switching off the add-on in the add-on manager may be faster/easier...
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0

Post by Guest »

The settings are broken, if you set a custom setting (temporary or not) it changes the default settings for every site as well.
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 6.0.1; Blackphone 2 Build/MOB31Z) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/62.0.3202.84 Mobile Safari/537.36
fred84

Post by fred84 »

imaginaryideals wrote:Image
this does not seem to be accessible in a private window. :/
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-

Post by Guest »

imaginaryideals wrote:Image
When I click on the little icon I get a window that's too smal for the content.Horizontal and vertical scrollbars!!!

When I click on the settings icon in that window I get a full screen with everything scrambled into the left quarter of the screen. The right three fourth of the screen are empty. Was the interface tested at all?
king_gidorah

Post by king_gidorah »

I'm not sure what you guys were thinking. NoScript is the total bomb and it has kept me safe and warm for years. I LOVE noscript.

That being said this new interface for the new version of Firefox is so obtuse its almost broken. Did any of you actually try surfing about and using it before the release?

Before it was so easy to just select "temporarily allow all this page" to get by on one visit to a new page...two clicks

Now what the hell am I supposed to do? You hid that function under some secret button? WHY?

The old interface worked well and everyone knew it. Please do not fall victim to the disease that Microsoft has where they take something that works fine and rearrange and redesign for no other reason than to justify the upgrade. it's almost malicious. If it ain't broke....
Gerry Wicklow

Post by Gerry Wicklow »

I too find the interface confusing to say the least. I miss the ability to right click on a page and temporarily allow some or all of it. Obviously a rush job and I really DO appreciate the effort but perhaps when you get a chance you could give it a few more tweaks.
If it ain't broke.....
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

king_gidorah wrote:I'm not sure what you guys were thinking. NoScript is the total bomb and it has kept me safe and warm for years. I LOVE noscript.

That being said this new interface for the new version of Firefox is so obtuse its almost broken. Did any of you actually try surfing about and using it before the release?

Before it was so easy to just select "temporarily allow all this page" to get by on one visit to a new page...two clicks

Now what the hell am I supposed to do? You hid that function under some secret button? WHY?

The old interface worked well and everyone knew it. Please do not fall victim to the disease that Microsoft has where they take something that works fine and rearrange and redesign for no other reason than to justify the upgrade. it's almost malicious. If it ain't broke....
Oh, do lighten up. Mozilla forced the change on Giorgio and the new version is still in very early stages. What you see now is far from the finished product.

Feel free to uninstall NoScript and take a break from using it for a while, world will keep on turning.
-
darinbob

Post by darinbob »

I also think the new UI is very disconerting. The number one UI ativity I ever do is to temporarily allow a script, which now takes extra clicks as well as not being intuitive. A new user would be baffled by how to use this. I would greatly like to see an option to go back to the original UI versus the icons.
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.12; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

darinbob wrote:I would greatly like to see an option to go back to the original UI versus the icons.
Unfortunately that's not technically possible under WebExtensions - https://hackademix.net/2017/11/21/top-i ... ment-38469
-