New noscript interface

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
NoScriptian

Re: New noscript interface

Post by NoScriptian »

Hm. Just updated to version 10.1.2 and it seems that none of the tabs I want to use work. It switches back to Default all the time and sites wouldn't automatically reload as they usually do. Is anyone experiencing that too?

Also, at least with version 10.1.1 "Untrusted" never really had any effect. Sites would run without any restrictions as if they were treated as Trusted. Am I missing something?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0

Post by Guest »

I love NS, have used it forever, appreciate Giorgio's efforts, don't wan't to use FF without it and all... but the new version has me almost completely, woefully befuddled. The old one was beyond simple and obvious to use. I'm afraid to change anything on this one.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
bobblebob

Post by bobblebob »

Guest wrote:I love NS, have used it forever, appreciate Giorgio's efforts, don't wan't to use FF without it and all... but the new version has me almost completely, woefully befuddled. The old one was beyond simple and obvious to use. I'm afraid to change anything on this one.
Whats confusing? It seems abit more complicated but still easy enough to understand. Default (if you untick all the boxes) is basically dont allow anything. Trusted is allow everything, untrusted is block everything.

We now have temporarily allow all and revoke temp permissions buttons so thats easier than 10.1.1
kukla

Post by kukla »

Still needed: temporarily allow per single script, not just temporarily allow all. Unless I'm mistaken, don't see any way of doing this in the new 10.1.2
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.11; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
djl47

Post by djl47 »

NoScriptian wrote:Hm. Just updated to version 10.1.2 and it seems that none of the tabs I want to use work. It switches back to Default all the time and sites wouldn't automatically reload as they usually do. Is anyone experiencing that too?
Yes. I am seeing the same behavior. I am also seeing some sites defaulting to allow scripts when I have not explicitly whitelisted the site.
imgoingdodo wrote:Apparently you've got to close the browser to revoke temporary permissions. https://hackademix.net/2017/11/21/top-i ... ment-38469

Granted, not the smoothest option if you've got many tabs going? -Anyone who can clarify if there's a new solution to this?
That is maximum inconvenience for users who have multiple windows and tabs. I often have two to three windows open with half a dozen tabs open in each window.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Fedora; Linux x86_64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
NoScriptian

Post by NoScriptian »

djl47 wrote:
NoScriptian wrote:Hm. Just updated to version 10.1.2 and it seems that none of the tabs I want to use work. It switches back to Default all the time and sites wouldn't automatically reload as they usually do. Is anyone experiencing that too?
Yes. I am seeing the same behavior. I am also seeing some sites defaulting to allow scripts when I have not explicitly whitelisted the site.
I just figured out that it had to do with the padlock set to green status. The site I was on doesn't support https and thus I assume NS automatically sets everything to Default to prevent unsecure sites from loading scripts etc.

What I'm encountering now is that when I set this http://www.faz.net/aktuell/site to Trusted and put its padlock to red, it will load scripts, but when I try to switch back to Default, nothing happens and the site would not refresh. I've got to do it manually either via web extension or browser to take effect.

Then there's the behavior of Untrusted I don't fully understand yet. When I first set my website to Trusted and then decide to change it to Untrusted nothing happens and the site, after manually refreshing, still shows all content as if it was set to Trusted. Only the padlock symbol disappears (as I it should since it's not trusted).
oldmoz

Post by oldmoz »

djl47 wrote: That is maximum inconvenience for users who have multiple windows and tabs. I often have two to three windows open with half a dozen tabs open in each window.
Try to keep up;) There's a nice new button for revoke all temp up there on toolbar now. Have you updated to 10.1.2 yet?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
zax

Post by zax »

Hi all.
with this new No-script edition, how am I supposed to use it?
"Old" one had nice drop-down list showing blocked/allowed scripts on particular site, visible after clicking no-script button.
Quantum edition, in my case forces new tab in firefox with sort of options and weird white-list where I am supposed to add script manually and then set it status. Considering gadzillions of web pages, manual typing is... (name it whatever u like)
What I am doing wrong or not doing at all? How to enable script list affecting particular sites?
Please help, treat me like o moron for time being.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
Blablabla

Post by Blablabla »

After being confused for a while, some sort of ahah moment came to me when trying to understand the padlock icon. I think it needs to be set in red before a requested change is made for it to take effect after reloading (for instance shifting a site/script/row from Default to Trusted).

While waiting for a User Guide and/or recommendations on what settings to adopt and/or fully unerstanding/mastering this new version, I have personnally set the Default tab to allow nothing at all (all options unchecked), and then set the wanted scripts to Trusted (all tabs ticked). It seems to me that this replicates the old NoScript behaviour but I'm far from confident on this assertion. But all the potential custom tailoring is waisted : scripts, objects, media, frame, fonts, ... my current approach is all or nothing.
And this does address the Temp Allow All that some user want to replicate.

Post by Guest »

A lot of people have claimed that he can't create an options pop-up like with the old version. Ok that's fine. Why not make one that looks like uBlock's then? It's not the prettiest thing in the world but it's easy to navigate and understand. Not to mention the ability to import/export settings.
zax

Post by zax »

Guys, how do I enable this:

instead of this:
?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
Pansa

Post by Pansa »

zax wrote:Guys, how do I enable this:

instead of this:

?
click the no script icon in your icon bar instead of going to the options?
If you have no icon next to your search bar, go to the firefox customisation and pull it up there.
KieranWalker

Post by KieranWalker »

notgoingdodoanymore wrote: @KieranWalker In your drop-down menu, even though you'd klicked Allow all this site temporarily - were there still individual URLs with automatically still on Default? (There always are a few.) If so, all you need to do is manually check them as Trusted and then hit the Temporary Clock icon and possibly refresh to get things working.
No. On YouTube for instance, the only URL that comes up regardless of how many scripts it's blocking is "...youtube.com," which is on the Trusted list. Same for Google. Clicking Temporarily Allow All refreshes the page but doesn't change anything.

It's breaking the Captcha here, too.
Pansa

Post by Pansa »

KieranWalker wrote:
notgoingdodoanymore wrote: @KieranWalker In your drop-down menu, even though you'd klicked Allow all this site temporarily - were there still individual URLs with automatically still on Default? (There always are a few.) If so, all you need to do is manually check them as Trusted and then hit the Temporary Clock icon and possibly refresh to get things working.
No. On YouTube for instance, the only URL that comes up regardless of how many scripts it's blocking is "...youtube.com," which is on the Trusted list. Same for Google. Clicking Temporarily Allow All refreshes the page but doesn't change anything.

It's breaking the Captcha here, too.
on the forums composer here:
So you see only the informaction script, it is set to trusted, but not the google script?

either way, íf you click on trusted, what checkmarks are set?
bo elam

Post by bo elam »

kukla wrote:Still needed: temporarily allow per single script, not just temporarily allow all. Unless I'm mistaken, don't see any way of doing this in the new 10.1.2
Hi kukla, to temporarily allow one domain, click Trusted and immediately afterward, click the tiny clock to the right. You ll see the clock becoming a little bigger. Thats a tell tale sign that the permission is set temporarily.

Bo
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0