New noscript interface

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
Pansa

Re: New noscript interface

Post by Pansa »

whatnow wrote:I have sort of figured out how to use the new interface option except it only shows 5 lines. It tried to use web site Zillow but NoScript shows 19. The map that shows the locations of the house does not work because I can not see the scripts to turn on and allow the map to function.

I am sorry to see FF has caused Giorgio so much work in a short amount of time. I hope he can get NoScript back to as good as it was before FF 57 and take some well deserved time off. Even take some time off to catch your breath now if you need it.
The difference in numbers reflects the difference between number of scripts and number of sources. That's basically why there are so many checkmarks in the presets.

If url1 wants to have a script, that embeds media, use a frame and a font, there is only one line "url1" but multiple counts.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
Spooner

Post by Spooner »

I there a way to delete a single site from the whitelist without delete them all?
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Spooner wrote:I there a way to delete a single site from the whitelist without delete them all?
Set it to "Default" and it will be deleted when you reload the options page.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
Spooner

Post by Spooner »

barbaz wrote:
Spooner wrote:I there a way to delete a single site from the whitelist without delete them all?
Set it to "Default" and it will be deleted when you reload the options page.
Whoot! Works! Thank you and the team, sir. Slowly getting the hang of the UI but totally appreciate the effort of you guys!
Peter 123

Post by Peter 123 »

bl wrote:I almost exclusively used the right-click drop-down menu to change settings on NoScript, but that seems to be gone in the current version. Going to the top bar every time I want to change anything is really tedious.
But in the old version you had also to go to the top bar (namely to the place with the NoScript icon) in order to change something in your settings. There is no difference. So I do not understand why it is more tedious now. Personally I find it even more comfortable now: You (left) click once on the icon and you can see at a glance all the basic possibilities you have for handling the scripts of a certain page. And from there you can also go to the settings ("Options") by clicking on the NoScript logo on top.

Concerning the right click on the icon in NoScript 10, I do not know if there is planned something. At the moment it does not work correctly because right clicking it shows me the context menu of Firefox buttons and nothing specific of NoScript.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
Pansa

Post by Pansa »

Peter 123 wrote:
bl wrote:I almost exclusively used the right-click drop-down menu to change settings on NoScript, but that seems to be gone in the current version. Going to the top bar every time I want to change anything is really tedious.
But in the old version you had also to go to the top bar (namely to the place with the NoScript icon) in order to change something in your settings. There is no difference. So I do not understand why it is more tedious now. Personally I find it even more comfortable now: You (left) click once on the icon and you can see at a glance all the basic possibilities you have for handling the scripts of a certain page. And from there you can also go to the settings ("Options") by clicking on the NoScript logo on top.

Concerning the right click on the icon in NoScript 10, I do not know if there is planned something. At the moment it does not work correctly because right clicking it shows me the context menu of Firefox buttons and nothing specific of NoScript.
He is referring to the context menu when you rightclick in page in NS 5.x

A lot of people never used the NS button at the top at all. Some only used the status bar icon in the bottom. Some used rightclick anywhere on the page.
Some even didn't have the icon in the top bar at all, and where confused that in 10.x they'd need to go via the addon dialogue of FF (not knowing about the "customisation" function of FF).

The new version IS a lot of more clicking to not achieve the same level of fine grain filtering. But considering that Gorgio seemed to have stomped out 10.x in about a week, and already provided major bugfixes in 3 days (with quite a lot still to come hopefully)... I can live with the interface annoyances till functionality is fully restored (including proper subdomain filtering, and fixing the issue of "distrust" still being sensitive to the https/http problem despite not showing a lock.)
I mean at this point there seems to be actually still an issue with actually properly blocking everything, causing frequent Xss warnings even on pages that shouldn't be running any scripts to begin with.

Post by Guest »

Pansa wrote:
notgoingdodoanymore wrote:
Pansa wrote: For this forum specifically it doesn't seem to be a "red lock" issue either. (I choose focusing on it, because it's less complex, and Kireanwalker mentioned captchas not working)

Browsing in "not private mode"
informaction is greenlock trusted.
Google is greenlock trusted.

All checkmarks checked for trusted.

Captcha works.
Pansa, are we both understanding the padlocks to be match https only (green locked) and http (red open)? Because if a site uses http in subs in order for some stuff to work, and you've set the padlock to green (=allow https match only), or it's automatically set to green, then it's not going to work and you'll experience what some people describe: basically nothing happens after your changes to allow this/that.

Of course this site's on https ;) so the green https match padlock isn't hindering anything. A simple trust or temp allow makes everything work.
Actually red lock means "both" not just http.
And yes, but since we are trying to troubleshoot his problem...
On this forum both scripts that need to be able to run to display the capture are HTTPS scripts.

He has a problem. This problem exists either because something is seriously broken for him, or he has overlooked an aspect. Trying to troubleshoot it for EVERY site at the same time, when we can trouble shoot it in a "far more controlled" aspect is not easy.

The way his config runs doesn't show the captcha of this forum you need to fill out to submit something. It's a nicely limited problem.
All right, so. Uninstalled NoScript. Closed Firefox and restarted my PC. Reopened Firefox, installed NoScript from Mozilla's site again. NoScript for some reason is maintaining its previous settings when reinstalled (I have a feeling this part is important). Load up this forum to test by posting with NoScript enabled and "...informaction.com" set to Trusted with all options set to Allowed and HTTPS switch set to green. Captcha is blocked. Clicking repeatedly on Temporarily Allow All does nothing. Check YouTube, Google Image Search, and Yahoo! Mail--all three are set to Trusted with all options set to Allow, with the HTTPS switch set to red (to allow HTTP). Sites are still nonfunctional. Clicking Temporarily Allow All accomplishes nothing no matter how many times I try it. This time turning Allow Scripts Globally on does NOT allow the websites to work; I actually have to disable NoScript entirely to restore functionality.
Peter 123

Post by Peter 123 »

Pansa wrote: He is referring to the context menu when you rightclick in page in NS 5.x

A lot of people never used the NS button at the top at all. Some only used the status bar icon in the bottom. Some used rightclick anywhere on the page.
Thanks for the clarification. I belong to the people who did not even realize that NoScript was in the context menu when rightclicking in a page. ;) I always used the NS button at the top.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
Pansa

Post by Pansa »

Guest wrote: All right, so. Uninstalled NoScript. Closed Firefox and restarted my PC. Reopened Firefox, installed NoScript from Mozilla's site again. NoScript for some reason is maintaining its previous settings when reinstalled (I have a feeling this part is important). Load up this forum to test by posting with NoScript enabled and "...informaction.com" set to Trusted with all options set to Allowed and HTTPS switch set to green. Captcha is blocked. Clicking repeatedly on Temporarily Allow All does nothing. Check YouTube, Google Image Search, and Yahoo! Mail--all three are set to Trusted with all options set to Allow, with the HTTPS switch set to red (to allow HTTP). Sites are still nonfunctional. Clicking Temporarily Allow All accomplishes nothing no matter how many times I try it. This time turning Allow Scripts Globally on does NOT allow the websites to work; I actually have to disable NoScript entirely to restore functionality.
Well of course it remembers, it probably is hidden in your profile somewhere.
And you are still not answering the question as I posed it.

On this forum, on the composer page....
Do you have BOTH informaction AND google allowed.

I am at this point not interested in what other pages do.
This forum deploys a google script for the captcha. It only tries to load on the composer page.
On this forum it doesn't matter if you use redlock or greenlock.
The important part is "did I allow both informaction AND google to run their HTTPS script."

For instance if you blocked google (for something else maybe?) even "temp allow all" wouldn't do any good, because it doesn't temp allow things you explicitly forbade.
The problem is I don't know your settings. I can only go by the lowest level of "this is what it should look like on the simplest example". Ignore all other pages for the moment. Lets focus purely on the forum composer and the captcha.

And just to be on the save side: Not Linux, Not private mode? Both still seem to have some issues if I read some forum submissions right.
(and btw you can basically reset all settings by going to the options, turning on the debugger and deleting everything (or some entries) there. Worst case you would need to deinstall and reinstall noscript after that, but I'm not going to try that :D)
KieranWalker

Post by KieranWalker »

Pansa wrote: Well of course it remembers, it probably is hidden in your profile somewhere.

This forum deploys a google script for the captcha. It only tries to load on the composer page.
The important part is "did I allow both informaction AND google to run their HTTPS script."

For instance if you blocked google (for something else maybe?) even "temp allow all" wouldn't do any good, because it doesn't temp allow things you explicitly forbade.
The problem is I don't know your settings. I can only go by the lowest level of "this is what it should look like on the simplest example". Ignore all other pages for the moment. Lets focus purely on the forum composer and the captcha.

And just to be on the save side: Not Linux, Not private mode? Both still seem to have some issues if I read some forum submissions right.
(and btw you can basically reset all settings by going to the options, turning on the debugger and deleting everything (or some entries) there. Worst case you would need to deinstall and reinstall noscript after that, but I'm not going to try that :D)
Yes. Both informaction and Google are allowed (set to Trusted with all options checked). The only Untrusted entry in my settings is the "...deployads.com" URL that's set to Untrusted by default when you install NoScript (in fact besides flipping the HTTPS switches for testing, I haven't added or removed any entries from the default URLs list). Running Windows 7 x64 SP 1, and it's a normal Firefox window (not private mode).
Pansa

Post by Pansa »

KieranWalker wrote:
Pansa wrote: Well of course it remembers, it probably is hidden in your profile somewhere.

Yes. Both informaction and Google are allowed (set to Trusted with all options checked). The only Untrusted entry in my settings is the "...deployads.com" URL that's set to Untrusted by default when you install NoScript (in fact besides flipping the HTTPS switches for testing, I haven't added or removed any entries from the default URLs list). Running Windows 7 x64 SP 1, and it's a normal Firefox window (not private mode).
In that case the last idea I have is closing all other tabs (for sec reasons)
only having the forum tab open
And then switch all checkmarks in the "default" preset to allow. (But in that case the temp allow all button should have worked).
and then manually reload the page.

Remember to revert that change afterwards though. Doing that basically means "everything you don't have a specific rule for is allowed everything".
bo elam

Post by bo elam »

Guest wrote: All right, so. Uninstalled NoScript. Closed Firefox and restarted my PC. Reopened Firefox, installed NoScript from Mozilla's site again. NoScript for some reason is maintaining its previous settings when reinstalled (I have a feeling this part is important).
NoScript is saving settings in file "storage-sync.sqlite", you can find this file inside your Firefox profile folder. If you want to get rid of NoScript settings from previous installation, without uninstalling Firefox, deleting Firefox AppData folders or replacing your current Firefox profile, get a fresh copy of that file and paste it inside the profile folder, to replace the old "storage-sync.sqlite".

I did this in one computer. Your first step is to create a new Firefox profile, install Noscript, close the browser, go to the new profile folder in AppData, make a copy of storage-sync.sqlite, and paste the copy inside the profile folder you are currently using. You ll end up with a new set of NoScript settings. It takes about 10 minutes to do it all. Afterward, you can delete the profile you created.

Bo
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
Timbre

Post by Timbre »

bo elam wrote:
Guest wrote: All right, so. Uninstalled NoScript. Closed Firefox and restarted my PC. Reopened Firefox, installed NoScript from Mozilla's site again. NoScript for some reason is maintaining its previous settings when reinstalled (I have a feeling this part is important).
NoScript is saving settings in file "storage-sync.sqlite", you can find this file inside your Firefox profile folder. If you want to get rid of NoScript settings from previous installation, without uninstalling Firefox, deleting Firefox AppData folders or replacing your current Firefox profile, get a fresh copy of that file and paste it inside the profile folder, to replace the old "storage-sync.sqlite".

I did this in one computer. Your first step is to create a new Firefox profile, install Noscript, close the browser, go to the new profile folder in AppData, make a copy of storage-sync.sqlite, and paste the copy inside the profile folder you are currently using. You ll end up with a new set of NoScript settings. It takes about 10 minutes to do it all. Afterward, you can delete the profile you created.

Bo
Thank you, but OMG what a PITA to do this.

I'm Currently not using the addon while like this.

Thank you IA
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
Samiii

Post by Samiii »

Hi guys,
I've got a new problem today (no idea if there was an update today/yesterday):
For the Trusted sites, all the checkboxes are unticked except "Script". Hence many websites are not working anymore while they were yesterday! (Google, Hotmail, etc.)
When I check these boxes (I don't know which ones by default by the way), they remain unticked when I refresh my page. The same happens in the NS options page.
Someone could help, please? What happened? Could I fix it from the "Debug" panel?
Samiii

Post by Samiii »

I tried to change the capabilities in the debug full text config file, but it doesn't save changes and I don't see any save button...
I don't have any other choice than disabling NS :'( :'( :'(