New noscript interface

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
lancelot

Re: New noscript interface

Post by lancelot »

The Debug (policy) window is empty in 10.1.3. Is this intentional?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
Pansa

Post by Pansa »

lancelot wrote: Is this intentional?
Yes , obviously.... :roll:

No, of course not. That means something got seriously borked.
Haven't found a proper workaround for that other than starting with a fresh settings file :

https://forums.informaction.com/viewtop ... 135#p92372
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
Berrik

Post by Berrik »

lancelot wrote:In 10.1.3, every time I click the NoScript button in the toolbar, the Firefox window gets wider by a few pixels on the right side. It's actually resizing my Firefox window. Don't do that, please.
I have this same issue with the same version. Sometimes I get a popout window for the NoScript options instead of a drop down window.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
Teao

Post by Teao »

I'm confused, I came here to see if I can find a way to temporarily allow a single script on a page like I used to be able to do instead of having to always hit temporarily allow all. While I see everyone complaining that they seem to have the exact reverse issue.
https://i.imgur.com/oaSvXi2.png
I have the temporarily allow clock for whole page in upper right but not on each line.
What am I missing?

Also on my second monitor the menu just is unreadable. It only works right on my main monitor.
This is what it looks like on my second monitor:
https://i.imgur.com/KLX6yUV.png
Pansa

Post by Pansa »

Teao wrote:I'm confused, I came here to see if I can find a way to temporarily allow a single script on a page like I used to be able to do instead of having to always hit temporarily allow all. While I see everyone complaining that they seem to have the exact reverse issue.
I have the temporarily allow clock for whole page in upper right but not on each line.
What am I missing?

Also on my second monitor the menu just is unreadable. It only works right on my main monitor.
In your first screenshot:
Do you see the little clock on the right side of the "trusted" field?
If it is translucent it is permanent. If it is filled it is temporary.

In the current version (and the dev build before that) rules are temporary when you set them, unless you make them permanent.

I can't help with the size problem. It looks fine on my second screen despite running a lower resolution.

Post by Guest »

Wow, that is a REALLY unintuitive interface! Thanks for answering that guy who had the same problem as me, though!
Pansa

Post by Pansa »

Guest wrote:Wow, that is a REALLY unintuitive interface! Thanks for answering that guy who had the same problem as me, though!
All the things have mouse over text. I mean I do agree that the other interface was neater (but also a lot less capable in terms of fine-tuning), but other than being "not what I was used to" it isn't really that less intuitive than Noscript was when I first started experimenting with it.

I wrote it before, it is not like "what does all this do" was really THAT easy to understand for the uninitiated in prior to ns10 either. It's not a tool that you can spread around the office and people know what to do with it in either iteration.
bo elam

Post by bo elam »

Teao/Guest. I look at the size of the clock. When you allow scripts temporarily, the clock is a little bigger than when you Trust the domain for good. Compare the sizes.

Bo
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
WRWJR

Post by WRWJR »

Big fan of NoScript but I can't stand this new interface, seems more complex, unintuitive and I can't often read the link of the webaddresses that I may want to allow or block.

If there is some sort of UI change to make it behave like the older versions what would be great. I am having a heck of a time relearning how to do anything with this almost to the point where I'm either gonna spam "allow all" or just ditch the addon altogether.

If there is a video on how to get accustomed to this version please link and sticky that.
Quest

Post by Quest »

Pansa wrote:
Guest wrote:Wow, that is a REALLY unintuitive interface! Thanks for answering that guy who had the same problem as me, though!
Other than being "not what I was used to" it isn't really that less intuitive than Noscript was when I first started experimenting with it.
I agree. It's even now more powerful and easier to understand than the previous 5.x version. I used to temporary allow every page that did not work. Now I rarely use that thing. Those pages are working if I allow (permanently) only one or two links, and I see that tens of other links are still default. And I see easily what pages I have allowed.

If this only had worked from the first beginning and the iterationes hadn't had those drawbacks like this v1.3 funny dropdown button behavior ...
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
Teao

Post by Teao »

Pansa wrote:
Teao wrote:I'm confused, I came here to see if I can find a way to temporarily allow a single script on a page like I used to be able to do instead of having to always hit temporarily allow all. While I see everyone complaining that they seem to have the exact reverse issue.
What am I missing?

In your first screenshot:
Do you see the little clock on the right side of the "trusted" field?
If it is translucent it is permanent. If it is filled it is temporary.

In the current version (and the dev build before that) rules are temporary when you set them, unless you make them permanent.

I can't help with the size problem. It looks fine on my second screen despite running a lower resolution.
The clock on the google line is cause I hit temporarily allow all clock on a different page. Notice the first line has no clock at all to click on. How would I set the first line in my pic to be temporarily allowed but not the second line. (And I don't want to temporarily allow all and then set the 2nd line back to default, then that script runs once which defeats the whole purpose) When I go to certain sites I want to pick the minimal scripts to allow temporarily.
Teao

Post by Teao »

Pansa wrote:
Teao wrote: Also on my second monitor the menu just is unreadable. It only works right on my main monitor.
I suspect the issue is my main screen is high resolution but I also have windows scaling set to 200%
https://i.imgur.com/TjaLUTR.png
My second monitor is a lower resolution but the scale is set to 100%
https://i.imgur.com/u3fnvhS.png

It seems like no script is using the 200% scaling setting from the main monitor for the second monitor too.
Pansa

Post by Pansa »

Teao wrote:
The clock on the google line is cause I hit temporarily allow all clock on a different page. Notice the first line has no clock at all to click on. How would I set the first line in my pic to be temporarily allowed but not the second line. (And I don't want to temporarily allow all and then set the 2nd line back to default, then that script runs once which defeats the whole purpose) When I go to certain sites I want to pick the minimal scripts to allow temporarily.
No, the other lines have no clock, because they are set to default, and there is no setting for "temporary default".

You set something to trusted or custom, and the current standard behaviour is that the clock is automatically active this creating a temp rule, unless you click the clock again.
The clock is always there on custom and trusted, it is either in the fore, or in the back (translucent) depending whether you want the rule to run out after a time, or not.

Compare it with bo belams post.
All trusted rules show the clock either translucent or filled in.

Post by Guest »

an important missing feature is 'permissions change' only affects the current page.
if i revoke permission it will reload whatever tab i'm on.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
Mmm3

Post by Mmm3 »

My noscript icon no only resizes my browser window and doesn't function. What's going with this?