Disappearing Allow/Don't Allow Options

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
Will Gortoa

Disappearing Allow/Don't Allow Options

Post by Will Gortoa »

Not sure what's happened here. I'm not overly gifted in the technical department, but I'll explain as best I can.

In Firefox [56.0.2] when I go into NoScript Options on a newly visited page. Select shift/click for site information. Duly opens in https://noscript.net/about/ ... name of site. I often use the bottom link in this window: http://www.urlvoid.com/scan/ ... name of site

But ...

At the foot of this page - beneath the URLvoid link - NoScript used to return me/offer ... as I recall ... something like Allow / Don't Allow(Possibly Block?).

It was then simply a case of selecting either/or and moving on. But now ... the Allow / Don't Allow icons have seemingly disappeared?

Thanks.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:56.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/56.0
Thrawn
Master Bug Buster

Re: Disappearing Allow/Don't Allow Options

Post by Thrawn »

Can't reproduce it here; I still see those options.
======
Thrawn
------------
Religion is not the opium of the masses. Daily life is the opium of the masses.

True religion, which dares to acknowledge death and challenge the way we live, is an attempt to wake up.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/45.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Please create a clean profile from scratch. Install only NoScript latest development build, leaving all the defaults.
Does the problem still exist?
If not, what if you then import your NS settings into the clean profile using the Import and Export buttons *on the very bottom* of NS Options?
If that still doesn't reproduce the problem, it's not a NoScript issue... try Standard Diagnostic (leaving NS enabled) to isolate and correct the real cause.

Let us know, thanks.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
Will Gortoa

Post by Will Gortoa »

Thrawn wrote:Can't reproduce it here; I still see those options.
Thanks for the confirmation ... and apologies for the delay in my response [see further Reply below]
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
Will Gortoa

Post by Will Gortoa »

barbaz wrote: Let us know, thanks.
Apologies for the tardy reply ... uh, life events got in the way - computer has barely been turned on since!

And now, of course, Firefox has updated itself to Quantum! As a result, the problem has kinda gone away. Although I do feel slightly 'naked' to quote the NS message with the add-on! :shock:

So, hopefully, NS will be up and running on that soon and I'll reinstall. I'll let you know what happens, but I'm kinda assuming that the significant shift in metaphorical events might likely take care of the original query in itself?

Again, apologies for not getting back to this sooner - really couldn't be helped - as it would've been good/interesting to have got to the bottom of the seemingly strange behaviour.
Will Gortoa

Post by Will Gortoa »

Upgraded to the new version of No Script [currently 10.1.2] and I must say, as a long term user of NS ...

I'm completely baffled by what I'm looking at, so far! [It must be said, computers and bafflement aren't entirely outside my default! ;) ]

Baffled, in the sense that the original query I came in here with ... now I don't seem to be able, or certainly can't work out how, to even reach the aforementioned Options screen to confirm the validity of sites, etc. Unless I'm being mindnumbingly dense, is that because that Option isn't ready yet?