Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
Lisa-Dunmen

Re: Firefox 57 and NoScript

Post by Lisa-Dunmen »

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

That week is now over and there's no NoScript Webext yet. So I'm asking Nick where he heard that NoScript Webext release has been delayed up to as late as 26 November?
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Split the attitude/off-topic crap. Zeebles, consider this an official warning for the attitude and ignoring moderation.
-
HaBi

Post by HaBi »

Why get hysteric? After I have found out that firefox 57 solves all and any problems I had with browsers (lots of them: sloppy performance, freezing, jerky youtube videos), I would have regretted every single day "57" would have been delayed more.
Yes, I sort of depend on NoScript, too, but better to wait a day more for NoScript than for Firefox 57!
(Amused) Still waiting for the next excuse from Giorgi for the delay, btw :lol:
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

HaBi wrote:Why get hysteric?
NoScript Webext was slated to be "definitely" out yesterday. It's still not out. And we haven't heard anything further from Giorgio.

So yes, there is very much a cause for concern, especially as to Giorgio's well-being.
HaBi wrote:(Amused) Still waiting for the next excuse from Giorgi for the delay, btw :lol:
No one cares about excuses. I'd rather have a status update on where it's at now and what still needs to be done.
-
Cyincal

Post by Cyincal »

barbaz wrote:
NoScript Webext was slated to be "definitely" out yesterday. It's still not out. And we haven't heard anything further from Giorgio.

So yes, there is very much a cause for concern, especially as to Giorgio's well-being.
HaBi wrote:(Amused) Still waiting for the next excuse from Giorgi for the delay, btw :lol:
No one cares about excuses. I'd rather have a status update on where it's at now and what still needs to be done.
He's most likely busy hotfixing an old version that no one would have to use if he released Noscript for FF57 in the first place. ;)

I get all that stuff about the plugin being free, him coding it all on his own etc.

But he really should not have done that series of announcements, culminating in that kinda smug "The week ends Sunday night" blog post.... It's monday now.

I made the mistake of blindly updating on wednesday after i read Giorgio's announcement "It will be out tonight" on Tuesday.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Cyincal wrote:But he really should not have done that series of announcements, culminating in that kinda smug "The week ends Sunday night" blog post....
Well, I wouldn't go that far, but the use of phrases like "definitely" turned out to be unfair, both to him and us users.
-
bobblebob

Post by bobblebob »

barbaz wrote:

It was meant to be out the end of the week, but the emergency patches to Noscripts 5x took him a few days, so id guess its 2 days behind schedule (so maybe tomorrow?)

When it does come out how do we go about importing all our whitelists from Noscripts 5x? Seeing as we cant even access it on Quantum to be able to export the list?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

bobblebob wrote:When it does come out how do we go about importing all our whitelists from Noscripts 5x? Seeing as we cant even access it on Quantum to be able to export the list?
NoScript should take care of this for you -
https://hackademix.net/2017/11/14/double-noscript/ wrote:NoScript 5.x living as a hybrid one to allow for smooth user data migration.

[...] whenever you decide to migrate, your old settings are kept safe, ready to be used as soon as the feature they apply to gets deployed.
-
bobblebob

Post by bobblebob »

barbaz wrote:
bobblebob wrote:When it does come out how do we go about importing all our whitelists from Noscripts 5x? Seeing as we cant even access it on Quantum to be able to export the list?
NoScript should take care of this for you -
https://hackademix.net/2017/11/14/double-noscript/ wrote:NoScript 5.x living as a hybrid one to allow for smooth user data migration.

[...] whenever you decide to migrate, your old settings are kept safe, ready to be used as soon as the feature they apply to gets deployed.
Ah good cheers
stop-complaining

Post by stop-complaining »

Wow...The entitlement crowd is here...

It's free ... don't bitch ... have some f-ing patience

You can do some programming if you want, no one is stopping you.

Why do people think they are owned anything, did you pay for it? Did you donate to it? I doubt it.

Just another reason why the whole world is going to shit!

If you whole internet experience rides on this one plug-in then you have more problems then this plug-in can fix. :roll:
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

stop-complaining wrote:You can do some programming if you want, no one is stopping you.
Good to hear, I'd be happy to help. So where is the publicly-available NoScript Webext source code and what still needs work?
-
gitcat

Post by gitcat »

Why not put it on github right away? That's the best place for your baby.

Many willing hands would be happy to help and you have more time at the end per la famiglia e tutte queste cose... :D
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
jawz101

Post by jawz101 »

a) NoScript has always been open source. The current NoScript that we're used to simply contains the source code within itself. If you download the addon as an xpi file, rename it to a zip file and extract the zip, the source code is there, plain as day.
b) In the Double NoScript blog post on Hackademix, Giorgio mentioned at the very bottom in tiny font that he is going to start publishing it to github.com in the next few weeks so the code is more user-friendly to view.
c) Consider this is a complete rewrite AND it will also consolidate the efforts of the Firefox desktop and Android versions. It's kinda a significant release for several reasons. The ui of this type of add-on doesn't really translate well to a small-screen (uMatrix is yikes. NoScript NSA looks and acts goofy) I'm just curious what we'll see.
mag

Post by mag »

It's coming. I've had an RC version installed and just received an update to 10.1.1rc99 :-D
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.12; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0