[RESOLVED] NoScript and PDF files

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
Templar

[RESOLVED] NoScript and PDF files

Post by Templar »

Hi,

I've been using NoScript for years generally without problems, but have run into issues recently with PDF documents.

I manage the website for my work, which I've done for years. Mostly I try and upload files as pdf so that they aren't editable, but for the past... maybe two months or more, I've been unable to access any pdf files that I upload. I get the following error:

"The request signature we calculated does not match the signature you provided. Check your key and signing method."

I've narrowed it down to noscript being the issue - it still works fine in other browsers, and it works on Firefox if I disable noscript. I'm also making sure that I let everything through. I've always done this on Firefox with noscript enabled before without issue for years, so it has to be a fairly recent update. Is there any way I can get around this?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:54.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/54.0
barbaz

Re: NoScript and PDF files

Post by barbaz »

When this issue occurs, do you see anything related in the Browser Console? (Ctrl-Shift-J)
(if you don't know what's related, turn off CSS warnings and post everything else you see)
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
Templar

Post by Templar »

Here's the other warning message I sometimes get on loading PDFs.

"This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below."

Both errors in the Browser Console basically come down to this:

"Unable to run script because scripts are blocked internally."

And a section like this: "[NoScript XSS] Sanitized suspicious request." "Sanitized URL:" (I've redacted the URLs.)

I'm a bit leery about posting the full content since one of the files concerned is a confidential file and the URL to it is in the Browser Console (though you shouldn't be able to access it anyway).

There's also a section at the top like this:

"NoScript WebExt Ready background.js:69:1
HTML5VideoCheckLoad, true, true, true frame.js:7:3
HTML5VideoCheckLoad: preventing frame.js:7:3
HTML5VideoCheckLoad: prevented true, true, 2589.059596851487"

Any use or I have ommitted too much? (Sorry to be a pain.)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:54.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/54.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

HelpPlease wrote:And a section like this: "[NoScript XSS] Sanitized suspicious request." "Sanitized URL:" (I've redacted the URLs.)

I'm a bit leery about posting the full content since one of the files concerned is a confidential file and the URL to it is in the Browser Console (though you shouldn't be able to access it anyway).
Sorry but we need those full messages, including full URLs, to be able to help you. We can hide it from public view if needed.
-
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

OP registered an account to resolve this by PM.
-