[RESOLVED] NS 5.0.5 / dev builds and XSS bug

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
Klayton

[RESOLVED] NS 5.0.5 / dev builds and XSS bug

Post by Klayton »

Code: Select all

https://market.yandex.ru/product--canon-ef-24-105mm-f4l-is-usm/973614
Seems like an XSS false positive, youtube overviews (about the middle of the page) don't load. Messages from console:

[NoScript InjectionChecker] HTML injection:
<iframe 
matches <[^\w<>]*(?:[^<>"'\s]*:)?[^\w<>]*(?:\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?s\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?c\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?r\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?i\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?p\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?t|\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?f\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?o\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?r\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?m|\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?s\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?t\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?y\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?l\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?e|\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?s\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?v\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?g|\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?m\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?a\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?r\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?q\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?u\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?e\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?e|(?:\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?l\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?i\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?n\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?k|\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?o\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?b\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?j\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?e\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?c\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?t|\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?e\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?m\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?b\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?e\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?d|\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?a\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?p\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?p\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?l\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?e\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?t|\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?p\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?a\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?r\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?a\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?m|\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?i?\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?f\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?r\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?a\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?m\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?e|\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?b\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?a\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?s\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?e|\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?b\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?o\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?d\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?y|\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?m\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?e\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?t\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?a|\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?i\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?m\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?a?\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?g\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?e?|\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?v\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?i\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?d\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?e\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?o|\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?a\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?u\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?d\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?i\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?o|\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?b\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?i\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?n\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?d\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?i\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?n\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?g\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?s|\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?s\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?e\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?t|\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?i\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?s\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?i\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?n\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?d\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?e\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?x|\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?a\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?n\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?i\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?m\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?a\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?t\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?e|\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?t\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?e\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?m\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?p\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?l\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?a\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?t\W*(?:\/[*/][\s\S]*)?e)[^>\w])|['"\s\0/](?:formaction|style|background|src|lowsrc|ping|innerhtml|data-bind|(?:data-)?mv-(?:\w+[\w-]*)|on(?:c(?:o(?:n(?:nect(?:i(?:on(?:statechanged|available)|ng)|ed)?|t(?:rollerchange|extmenu))|m(?:p(?:osition(?:update|start|end)|lete)|mand(?:update)?)|py)|h(?:a(?:r(?:ging(?:time)?change|acteristicchanged)|nge)|ecking)|a(?:n(?:play(?:through)?|cel)|(?:llschang|ch)ed|rdstatechange)|u(?:rrent(?:channel|source)changed|echange|t)|l(?:i(?:rmodechange|ck)|ose)|fstatechange)|p(?:o(?:inter(?:l(?:ock(?:change|error)|eave)|o(?:ver|ut)|cancel|enter|down|move|up)|p(?:up(?:hid(?:den|ing)|show(?:ing|n)|positioned)|state))|a(?:i(?:ring(?:con(?:firmation|sent)req|aborted)|nt)|ge(?:hide|show)|(?:st|us)e)|u(?:ll(?:vcard(?:listing|entry)|phonebook)req|sh(?:subscriptionchange)?)|(?:[is]|ending|ty)change|lay(?:ing)?|rogress|hoto)|d(?:e(?:vice(?:p(?:roximity|aired)|(?:orienta|mo)tion|(?:unpaire|foun)d|change|light)|l(?:ivery(?:success|error)|eted))|i(?:s(?:c(?:hargingtimechange|onnect(?:ing|ed)?)|playpasskeyreq|abled)|aling)|r(?:a(?:g(?:e(?:n(?:ter|d)|xit)|(?:gestur|leav)e|start|drop|over)?|in)|op)|ata(?:(?:availabl|chang)e|error)?|urationchange|ownloading|blclick)|m(?:o(?:z(?:(?:network(?:down|up)loa|accesskeynotfoun)d|pointerlock(?:change|error)|(?:orientation|time)change|fullscreen(?:change|error)|key(?:down|up)onplugin)|use(?:l(?:ongtap|eave)|o(?:ver|ut)|enter|wheel|down|move|up))|a(?:p(?:se(?:tmessagestatus|ndmessage)|message(?:slisting|update)|folderlisting|getmessage)req|rk)|essage)|a(?:n(?:imation(?:iteration|cancel|start|end)|tennaavailablechange)|d(?:d(?:sourcebuffer|track)|apter(?:remov|add)ed)|ttribute(?:(?:write|read)req|changed)|u(?:dio(?:process|start|end)|xclick)|b(?:solutedeviceorientation|ort)|(?:2dpstatuschang|ppinstall)ed|fter(?:scriptexecute|print)|ctiv(?:estatechanged|ate)|lerting)|s(?:t(?:a(?:t(?:uschanged|echange)|lled|rt)|o(?:rage(?:areachanged)?|p)|k(?:sessione|comma)nd)|e(?:lect(?:ionchange|start)?|ek(?:ing|ed)|n(?:ding|t)|t)|ou(?:rce(?:(?:clos|end)ed|open)|nd(?:start|end))|c(?:(?:anningstate|ostatus)changed|roll)|pe(?:akerforcedchange|ech(?:start|end))|u(?:ccess|spend|bmit)|how)|r(?:e(?:s(?:ourcetimingbufferfull|u(?:m(?:ing|e)|lt)|ponseprogress|ize|et)|mo(?:ve(?:sourcebuffer|track)|te(?:resume|hel)d)|ad(?:y(?:statechange)?|success|error)|quest(?:mediaplaystatu|progres)s|pea(?:tEven)?t|loadpage|trieving|ceived)|(?:(?:adiost)?ate|t)change|ds(?:dis|en)abled)|Moz(?:S(?:wipeGesture(?:(?:May)?Start|Update|End)?|crolledAreaChanged)|M(?:agnifyGesture(?:Update|Start)?|ouse(?:PixelScroll|Hittest))|EdgeUI(?:C(?:omplet|ancel)|Start)ed|RotateGesture(?:Update|Start)?|(?:Press)?TapGesture|AfterPaint)|w(?:eb(?:kit(?:Animation(?:Iteration|Start|End)|animation(?:iteration|start|end)|(?:TransitionE|transitione)nd)|socket)|a(?:iting(?:forkey)?|rning)|heel)|DOM(?:Node(?:Inserted(?:IntoDocument)?|Removed(?:FromDocument)?)|(?:CharacterData|Subtree)Modified|A(?:ttrModified|ctivate)|Focus(?:Out|In)|MouseScroll)|b(?:e(?:fore(?:(?:evicte|unloa)d|p(?:aste|rint)|scriptexecute|c(?:opy|ut))|gin(?:Event)?)|u(?:fferedamountlow|sy)|l(?:ocked|ur)|roadcast|oundary)|v(?:rdisplay(?:(?:presentchang|activat)e|d(?:eactivate|isconnect)|connect)|o(?:ice(?:schanged|change)|lumechange)|ersionchange)|e(?:n(?:ter(?:pincodereq)?|(?:crypt|abl)ed|d(?:Event|ed)?)|m(?:ergencycbmodechange|ptied)|(?:itbroadcas|vic)ted|rror|xit)|t(?:o(?:uch(?:cancel|start|move|end)|ggle)|ransition(?:cancel|start|end|run)|ime(?:update|out)|e(?:rminate|xt)|ypechange)|l(?:o(?:ad(?:e(?:d(?:meta)?data|nd)|ing(?:error|done)?|start)?|stpointercapture)|(?:anguage|evel)change|y)|o(?:(?:(?:rientation|tastatus)chang|(?:ff|n)lin)e|b(?:expasswordreq|solete)|verflow(?:changed)?|pen)|u(?:p(?:date(?:(?:fou|e)nd|ready|start)?|gradeneeded)|s(?:erproximity|sdreceived)|n(?:derflow|load))|g(?:amepad(?:(?:dis)?connected|button(?:down|up)|axismove)|(?:otpointercaptur|roupchang)e|et)|f(?:ullscreen(?:change|error)|ocus(?:out|in)?|requencychange|(?:inis|etc)h|ailed)|i(?:cc(?:(?:info)?change|(?:un)?detected)|n(?:coming|stall|valid|put))|h(?:(?:fp|id)statuschanged|e(?:adphoneschange|ld)|ashchange|olding)|n(?:o(?:tificationcl(?:ick|ose)|update|match)|ewrdsgroup)|SVG(?:(?:Unl|L)oad|Resize|Scroll|Zoom)|key(?:statuseschange|press|down|up)|(?:AppComman|Loa)d|Request|zoom))[\s\0]*=|<%[\s\S]+[=(][\s\S]+%>

[NoScript XSS] Sanitized suspicious request. Original URL [https://yastatic.net/video-player/0xf7edcf0/pages-common/youtube/youtube.html#html=%3Ciframe%20src%3D%22%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fembed%2FnzWvjfM55uI%3Fenablejsapi%3D1%26amp%3Bwmode%3Dopaque%22%20frameborder%3D%220%22%20scrolling%3D%22no%22%20allowfullscreen%3D%221%22%20aria-label%3D%22Video%22%3E%3C%2Fiframe%3E] requested from [https://market.yandex.ru/product--canon-ef-24-105mm-f4l-is-usm/973614]. Sanitized URL: [https://yastatic.net/video-player/0xf7edcf0/pages-common/youtube/youtube.html#2883560392423661416].
FF 54.0b12 with NS 5.0.6rc4, FF 53.0.3 with NS 5.0.5/5.0.6rc4 as the only addon.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:54.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/54.0
barbaz

Re: NS 5.0.5 / dev builds and XSS bug

Post by barbaz »

That's not a false positive, nor a bug. Passing HTML code around in URLs is just asking to be XSS'd.

If you want to allow this XSS, try adding this XSS exception -

^https://yastatic\.net/video-player/.*

Moving to NoScript Support.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
Klayton

Post by Klayton »

Thanks! So as I understand it - that's normal behavior for anti-XSS module in that situation and I just should add this exception (it works, thanks) in my personal settings?
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Klayton wrote:that's normal behavior for anti-XSS module in that situation and I just should add this exception (it works, thanks) in my personal settings?
Bingo. 8-)
-
Klayton

Post by Klayton »

Thank you again!
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

You're welcome! Image
-
Thrawn
Master Bug Buster

Re: [RESOLVED] NS 5.0.5 / dev builds and XSS bug

Post by Thrawn »

If that endpoint is actually vulnerable to XSS, it might be worth putting in an ABE rule to protect it. Something like:

Site .yastatic.net
Accept from SELF++
Anon
======
Thrawn
------------
Religion is not the opium of the masses. Daily life is the opium of the masses.

True religion, which dares to acknowledge death and challenge the way we live, is an attempt to wake up.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/45.0