ui bug Untrusted menu immediately closes after marking sites

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
jawz101

ui bug Untrusted menu immediately closes after marking sites

Post by jawz101 »

This has been a minor inconvenience but I've always had a workaround. With the web extension migration I wanted to bring it up.

Back when Firefox had a bottom add-on bar (before Australis) you could put the NoScript add-on on the bottom bar.
You can still do this for now with The Addon Bar (Restored) addon here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... addon-bar/

One behavior I've noticed was lost after the Firefox Australis project is that whenever I go into the Untrusted menu item to manage mark multiple sites as untrusted the menu used to remain open as I clicked to mark each domain as trusted/allowed/temporarily allowed. Now, since the NoScript icon can only be on the top of the screen (i.e. no bottom add-on bar) each time you make a selection the Untrusted menu immediately closes.

To replicate this you can install the above addon bar addon and put the NoScript icon on this new bottom addon bar, go to a site with a bunch of junk (huffingtonpost.com, cnn.com, tmz.com, etc.) and try to mark many domains as untrusted. The menu stays open for each item.

Repeat the process with the NoScript icon on the top bar. Collapses after each click.

edit: looks like I'm not the only person who has mentioned it viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21898

As I mentioned, it used to do this and can be replicated with the bottom addon bar of the old old Firefox ui.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0