Firefox 52.0 + NoScript 5.0.2 + YouTube

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
PrivatePirate

Firefox 52.0 + NoScript 5.0.2 + YouTube

Post by PrivatePirate »

Hey there!

First of all, thanks for a great add-on!
I've been having some issues though. I'm currently using Firefox 52.0 and NoScript 5.0.2, and when I have a game clients open at the same time as I'm playing a YouTube video in Firefox, I'm getting severe video lag or a complete video freeze (while audio and the time counter carries on as normal). This problem goes away if I disable/uninstall NoScript, making me suspect the issue stems from NoScript. Permitting scripts globally doesn't solve the issue, so it's nothing related to that.

Is this a known issue? I've been searching around, but come up empty-handed. Any idea what could be causing it, and some solutions to try that doesn't involve getting rid of NoScript? I'd rather have a dysfunctional YouTube than an unprotected browser, but ideally I'd have both working properly.

Cheers!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
Thrawn
Master Bug Buster

Re: Firefox 52.0 + NoScript 5.0.2 + YouTube

Post by Thrawn »

What sites appear on your NoScript menu when this happens?

Anything in the Browser Console? The XSS filter is known to cause slowdowns in some cases when there are many false positives.
======
Thrawn
------------
Religion is not the opium of the masses. Daily life is the opium of the masses.

True religion, which dares to acknowledge death and challenge the way we live, is an attempt to wake up.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/45.0
PrivatePirate

Post by PrivatePirate »

Permitted: google.com, youtube.com, googlevideo.com
Not permitted: doubleclick.net, googlesyndication.com, googleapis.com, googletagservices.com

The browser console shows a bunch of "Unknown property", "Unknown pseudo-class", "Error in parsing" and "Expected 'none', URL ... found 'alpha'". And by "a bunch" I mean about 300 or so. Could that be the issue then? Is there any way to test the theory?

Thanks for helping!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
Thrawn
Master Bug Buster

Post by Thrawn »

Those errors don't sound related...can you disable CSS messages?
======
Thrawn
------------
Religion is not the opium of the masses. Daily life is the opium of the masses.

True religion, which dares to acknowledge death and challenge the way we live, is an attempt to wake up.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Ubuntu Chromium/56.0.2924.76 Chrome/56.0.2924.76 Safari/537.36