Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
mag

Weird behaviour in FF 52

Post by mag »

Ever since updating to Firefox 52 I'm encountering the following:

NoScript configuration:
+ Temporarily allow top-level sites by default
+ Base 2nd level Domains (noscript.net)

Upon opening a new URL in browser (almost any URL I haven't opened in the current Firefox session yet) all the stuff sourced from the primary domain is blocked by NoScript.
If I just reload the website (and don't really do anything else) it starts behaving as it should and continues so (but only for that particular website - I have to do the same thing for all others) until I quit the Firefox process. If I quit and relaunch it, I basically start over with it again.

I tried disabling and re-enabling that mentioned NoScript configuration, but it didn't make any difference.
I use pretty much the same configuration at Windows & macOS (settings synchronized with noscript.sync.enabled being set to true) and it behaves identically at both these operating systems (and both running Firefox 52 there).

Is there anything I can do to diagnose/troubleshoot this issue somehow?

NoScript version 5.0.1

EDIT: I can also confirm that after downgrading to Firefox 51.0.1 the issue is gone.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
barbaz

Re: Weird behaviour in FF 52

Post by barbaz »

Do you see the same behavior in Firefox 52 in a new, clean profile with all defaults and only NoScript installed?
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
mag

Post by mag »

It works fine with clean profile - but that isn't obviously the way I'd like to go as I've got quite a lot of stuff in my current profile.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Don't worry, the clean profile is only a test. :)

So let's go back to your main profile and see if we can ferret this out. Does disabling all extensions other than NoScript get it working? (Tools > Add-ons Manager)
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
mag

Post by mag »

Ok understood.
I isolated it to the 1Password browser extension https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions
Tried with both release (4.6.3) and beta (4.6.4.b2) and the issue is still there.
Once I disable it the issue is gone (with FF 51.0.1 the issue is gone even with that extension enabled of course).