[CLOSED] Odd incompatibility with Tampermonkey extension

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
Soothsayer

[CLOSED] Odd incompatibility with Tampermonkey extension

Post by Soothsayer »

I have found an incompatibility between NoScript and the update process within Tampermonkey (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... permonkey/)

With NoScript running normally, the script update process in Tampermonkey does not work. However, if I allow scripts globally, then the script update process in Tampermonkey works just fine.

The issue exhibits itself as follows:
If I click on the update option within the Tampermonkey icon, then nothing happens. If I click the update option next to a specific script in the dashboard, then it says the check was successful, but it does not actually run (you can tell because it runs far too quickly).

Additional information:
* I am running the 64 bit nightly version of Firefox from 11th Feb (GB localisation) and have also tried the 32 bit version.
* I have tried NoScript 2.5.9.3 and 5.0rc2
* There are no entries in the console when I try to check for script updates
* I have tried removing my entire blacklist, just in case there was something in that.
* I have double checked that the 'chrome:', 'resource:' and 'moz-extension:' default entries are still in the whitelist.

Any ideas?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:54.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/54.0
barbaz

Re: Odd incompatibility with Tampermonkey extension

Post by barbaz »

I don't think we can legally help you. From Tampermonkey's EULA -
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/tampermonkey/eula/ wrote:You may not disassemble or reverse engineer Tampermonkey for any purpose, other than for reviewing the code for personal review
[...]
You are strictly prohibited from, and agree that you will not, adapt, edit, change, modify, transform, publish, republish, distribute, or redistribute Tampermonkey or any elements, portions, or parts thereof, including without limitation, to any elements, portions, or parts of Tampermonkey software (in any form or media) without the Company’s prior written consent.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
Soothsayer

Re: Odd incompatibility with Tampermonkey extension

Post by Soothsayer »

I really do not restrictive EULAs like that.

Thanks anyway. I might just switch to Greasemonkey instead.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:54.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/54.0