Explination how to whitelist watching videos on nbc?

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
slickrcbd

Explination how to whitelist watching videos on nbc?

Post by slickrcbd »

I missed an episode of SNL and tried to watch it on www.nbc.com. However, when I play the video in full screen, I get interrupted by the anti-clickjacking alert.

Is there any way to whitelist the site so I don't have to deal with this pop-up this every time I play a video on that site? The anti-clickjacking disables the video controls particularly the volume.

Worse, I like to watch the videos on my bed as the computer is in a room that doubles as the bedroom and office, and I can't read the little print or line up the mouse pointer to temporarily turn off the clickjacking without getting up from the bed (I have a wireless mouse that can reach from the bed).

Example URL
http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/ ... rt/3462405
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:51.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/51.0
barbaz

Re: Explination how to whitelist watching videos on nbc?

Post by barbaz »

Report ID?
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
slickrcbd

Post by slickrcbd »

Your response was extremely cryptic and unhelpful.
How does that help me stop this from appearing every time I play a video on NBC.com?

barbaz

Post by barbaz »

See at the bottom of your screenshot, the "Report" button? Click that. It should give you a number. That number is the report ID.

With a report, Giorgio can tell exactly what's happening there, what URLs are involved, and which set of ClearClick exceptions you'll want to add to.

How is that extremely unhelpful, slick?
-
slickrcbd

Post by slickrcbd »

I guess the id is 721656.
I saw nothing about "report id", just a "report" button, so I had no idea what he was talking about.

Interestingly enough, it DOES remember if I uncheck the box until the next time I exit or restart Firefox, but once I restart I get it again.

I was kinda hoping for info on how to fix this for any site, not just NBC.com. Sort of along the lines of "give a man a fix, and he enjoys videos for a day. Teach him to fix it, and he enjoys videos for life."
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Unfortunately there is no "universal fix method" for these warnings.

The first step is to assess the situation, to determine what's going on. If it's safe, next step is determining what the safe exception would be. That is, whether ClearClick should be disabled for the page embedding the element, or whether the element itself should not be protected by ClearClick.

I don't know of a way to find the exceptions without reporting it or guessing.

Here's a guess -
about:config > noscript.clearClick.subexceptions
add on the end, separated with a single whitespace

Code: Select all

player.theplatform.com
If it works, I'll explain how I came up with that based on your screenshot with the report ID.
-
slickrcbd

Post by slickrcbd »

What I can't figure out is HOW to put in an exception for the clearclick.
Where do I put the exception in such a way that it is made permanent, and not just temporary until I close the browser?

With this site, to make a permanent exception for JavaScript (not this clearclick thing) I would click on the NoScript icon and choose "Allow informaction.com", but I have already allowed NBC.com, yet I still get this clickjacking thing. I do NOT see player.theplatform.com or theplatform.com in the list for NoScript, nor do I see a whitelist for clickjacking, only for regular scripts.
How do I whitelist NBC.com from this clickjacking?

I understand having to do it for every site I visit, but I do not know how to permanently whitelist the anti-clickjack at a specific site the way I can by simply choosing "allow site.com" or whatever for regular JavaScript.
slickrcbd

Post by slickrcbd »

Sorry, somehow I glossed over the line above the code tag, I see now where to add it. I would not have thought to check about:config, I was looking at the NoSquint options. I tend to think of about:config as being only for Firefox.