[RESOLVED] zShare problems

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
Redbeard

[RESOLVED] zShare problems

Post by Redbeard »

For a while, http://www.zshare.net worked fine with NoScript. Sometime within the last year though, zShare implemented a general redirect for anyone using "Adblock plus or other advert blocking software", saying to add them to their whitelist.

Well, zshare.net is on my whitelist, as is every ad from the page, but I am still redirected to the same "add us to your whitelist" page. I've tried deleting the whitelist entry and re-adding, deleting my cookies for the site, and some 5 combinations of the two to no avail.I've been waiting for a fix from either end for months, but since it doesn't seem to be coming I thought I'd ask:

Can I fix this somehow, or is my zShare experience doomed?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: zShare problems

Post by Giorgio Maone »

It's not happening for me, at least on their home page and the "Upload" functionality.
All I needed to do was whitelisting "zshare.com".
You may want to reset your permissions, then adding that domain only and retry.

Should the problem persist, is there anything else I need to do to reproduce?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Redbeard

Post by Redbeard »

I was tinkering again today and decided just to delete the Firefox cookie and whitelist entry for zshare, thinking that if I was going to follow any advice given here I should start with a clean slate.

I can now fully access it, despite the site, all its ads, and all its java being blocked by NoScript. I, uh...really don't know how that is working, but I won't question the divine intervention of the internet deities. Thanks for the prompt reply.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
therube
Ambassador

Post by therube »

Thanks for reporting back.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.1pre) Gecko/20090717 SeaMonkey/2.0b1