Can Clearclick be turned off for just one site?

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
The-unknown-user

Can Clearclick be turned off for just one site?

Post by The-unknown-user »

As the subject asks, can Clearclick be turned off for just one site? In this one particular site we keep getting Clearclick warnings after warnings. I know it's a safe site, it's my kid's schooling site. It really breaks the flow of his class to keep getting that warning.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:3.0) Gecko/20100101 Goanna/20161214 PaleMoon/27.0.3
barbaz

Re: Can Clearclick be turned off for just one site?

Post by barbaz »

go to about:config
add the site to either noscript.clearClick.exceptions or noscript.clearClick.subexceptions

Which one of those prefs you'd need to add it to, no idea from the info given.

EDIT Oh, and the pattern is the same as for ABE resources (except none of the "special tokens"), so see ABE Rules .pdf for how to enter it.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
The-unknown-user

Thanks for the info. I put it in noscript.clearClick.exceptions. What info would you need to advise if that is the correct place to put it, or if it should go in the 'subexception' one?
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:3.0) Gecko/20100101 Goanna/20161214 PaleMoon/27.0.3
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Well, I suppose one way would be to just try it and see if it works.

noscript.clearClick.exceptions = pages which ClearClick should assume are safe https://noscript.net/changelog#1.8.9
noscript.clearClick.subexceptions = pages not to protect from being clickjacked https://noscript.net/changelog#1.9.1.8

If you're accessing this page directly, like through a bookmark, it probably does go in noscript.clearClick.exceptions.
-
The-unknown-user

He just did two classes and no Clearclick warnings, so that must have fixed it. Thanks again.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

You're welcome! Image

Since you know it's a safe site, can you please do us a favor? When he's not quite so busy, please temporarily remove the exception and trigger the ClearClick warning again. This time, click "Report". Please post here the report ID as well as which NoScript version you're using. (Then go ahead and put the exception back, one report will do. :) )

With that info, Giorgio will be able to evaluate whether this is a ClearClick bug or whether an exception is the best way to go here.

Thanks!
-
The-unknown-user

I removed the exception a few days ago, but wouldn't you know it, I haven't gotten one Clearclick warning yet. I'll keep the exception removed, I'm sure sooner or later I'll get one.
The-unknown-user

barbaz wrote:
When he's not quite so busy, please temporarily remove the exception and trigger the ClearClick warning again. This time, click "Report". Please post here the report ID as well as which NoScript version you're using.
Report 820648

NoScript version 2.9.5.3 (I'm using Pale Moon browser hence the older version)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:3.2) Gecko/20100101 Goanna/20170422 PaleMoon/27.3.0
The-unknown-user

Here's another one: 820651
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:3.2) Gecko/20100101 Goanna/20170422 PaleMoon/27.3.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Thanks! I'll let Giorgio know.
The-unknown-user wrote:NoScript version 2.9.5.3 (I'm using Pale Moon browser hence the older version)
off-topic: NoScript 5.x should still be compatible with Pale Moon.
-
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Looking into the reports, thank you.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:54.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/54.0
The-unknown-user

barbaz wrote:
With that info, Giorgio will be able to evaluate whether this is a ClearClick bug or whether an exception is the best way to go here.
So I'm curious . . . was it a ClearClick bug, or is an exception needed here?
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Walke wrote:Thanks very much Barbaz. That solution worked perfectly.
You're welcome, but keep in mind, that solution is only as safe as the site you're using it for.

If you KNOW the site is safe -
barbaz wrote: please temporarily remove the exception and trigger the ClearClick warning again. This time, click "Report". Please post here the report ID as well as which NoScript version you're using. (Then go ahead and put the exception back, one report will do. :) )

Thanks!
-