Pause youtube video on clearclick warning

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
parachutingturtle

Pause youtube video on clearclick warning

Post by parachutingturtle »

Hi!
OK, so there are two issues with youtube and ClearClick warnings: one is that there are false positives on third-party sites, and the other is the user-unfriendly warning.
I've found other threads addressing the false positives, and while I don't see any solution or improvement there, I'd like to address the second issue here.

This is a simple matter of looking at the user's use case: I'm watching a youtube video, in full screen, and suddenly I want to pause it. Why? My phone is ringing, there's someone at the door, someone starts talking to me, the house is on fire, the video plays a loud unpleasant sound for some reason, whatever. I simply want the video to stop. While I appreciate the added safety NoScript gives me in my general browsing of the web, if I want a video stopped, it should stop right away. Instead of stopping however, a ClearClick warning pops up, and I can't stop the video unless I dismiss the warning.

False positives are one thing, but if there is a warning, at least stop the video for me please?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:48.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/48.0
barbaz

Re: Pause youtube video on clearclick warning

Post by barbaz »

It is not technically possible for NoScript to know that stopping the video is what would happen if the element is clicked. That's why the clickjacking protection is there ;)

In order to do what you're saying, ClearClick warning would have to search for and stop ALL videos on a page regardless of why the warning was triggered. It may be possible with HTML5 videos, but I think it can't be reliably done with Flash or other plugins. So what you are asking is not feasible (yet?), sorry.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
therube
Ambassador

Re: Pause youtube video on clearclick warning

Post by therube »

false positives
Did you submit the reports?
Do you know some of the numbers?
on third-party sites
URLs?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:43.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.40