Firefox 48.0 + Gelbooru Search Bar

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
gx4600

Firefox 48.0 + Gelbooru Search Bar

Post by gx4600 »

So essentially while under Firefox 48.0 along with the latest version of No Script, there should be a search bar here:

Moderator warning: NSFW site
>> http://gelbooru.com/

like normal, but as of yesterday the search bar does not load.

there has been a fix topic in the forums here:

>> http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=forum&s=view&id=3545

but this is only a fix for ad block and not for no script.

Please help to fix this, all i need is for the search bar to appear and a step by step process so that i may help my fellow gelboorians in the forums if they are encountering this issue as well, i certainly am.

thank you. :)
Last edited by barbaz on Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: add warning that the site is NSFW
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:48.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/48.0
therube
Ambassador

Re: Firefox 48.0 + Gelbooru Search Bar

Post by therube »

PS: OUGHT TO NOTE, *NSFW*

Starting in Safe Mode:

http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post ... ki+shapiro
Notice: We are on Patreon. Claim your Patreon reward! There are known issues with using ad blocking filters and software on our site. You can disable ads in your account options.
So it looks like it is not a NoScript issue.
And it is not a Mozilla issue.

It is a gelbooru issue.

And as far as the search bar goes, it is there - with NoScript, regardless of whether gelbooru is allowed or not & does "work", but returns no results.

Oh, I see, that particular message is static.

And the other message I saw:
Nobody here but us chickens!Check your blacklist. We now automatically omit terms from your search when you have any tag there.
... kicks in when there are no results to be returned (which is what happened with my sample search).

So...

To start with, I had no idea what gelbooru was.
Search for 'binki shapiro' returned nothing but it didn't really say that, so I was confused by the "results".
Now knowing that, typing in something that will return results, like 'shapiro', does.
And the webm "clip" works too.

http://s25.postimg.org/tpwie0vpb/No_Script_gelbooru.png
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:43.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.40
gx4600

Post by gx4600 »

Just curious, are you associated with the No Script extension or was that a silly way of shifting the blame?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:48.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/48.0
therube
Ambassador

Post by therube »

Yes I'm associated with NoScript.
I use the extension.

PS: I edited my post any number of times once I better understood what the site was & what was going on with it, so reread it if need be. Then figure out what you are doing on your end that things are not working, or explain further your setup that might not be working. Better yet, create a new Profile, install NoScript & verify that the site does or does not work.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:43.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.40
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

gx4600 wrote:Just curious, are you associated with the No Script extension or was that a silly way of shifting the blame?
If you don't trust us, completely disable NoScript (Tools > Add-ons Manager > NoScript > Disable > Yes, remove ALL protections), restart the browser, and see if it works.

BTW, when posting about NSFW sites, please add a warning and don't post live links. People of all ages and all security tolerances visit this forum and we don't want our users to land something unexpected. Thanks.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
wxman1

Post by wxman1 »

The problem with these sort of sites, is that they depend upon CDN - content delivery network - servers.

You will see that if you temp enable ALL on this page, that on refresh more URI are presented. Again one needs to click temp enable ALL this page and rinse, lather, repeat until no new URI are shown in NS icon mouseover to enable; all URI should show 'forbid'.

If it still don't work then I don't know what to tell you other than revoke temp permissions and go away and never return.

On the other hand if you use this technique you should consider that you are walking into a dense cloud of genetically engineered hornets 4" long that instinctively sting their aggressors eyeballs.

I'm just saying.

:shock:

Do NOT forget to revoke temp permissions before transitioning to another tab - otherwise the permissions are slipstreamed along on every web-site visited on ANY tab open - or just keep going on as if nothing of what I'm saying matters; at least you'll be able to sleep at night...
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.2; rv:48.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/48.0