[RESOLVED] NOScript causing page reloads on OneDrive

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
barbaz

Re: [RESOLVED] NOScript causing page reloads on OneDrive

Post by barbaz »

Extension List Dumper isn't lying. It's Firefox is hiding those extensions from you :o
(Maybe they're not standard extensions?)
Niacin wrote:Unless you can answer the above enigma quickly, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I'll let you know next time I find a mis-behaing website ;)
No fast answer as to why surrogates aren't working for you, sorry. But I'd think your interesting situation has got to be a clue as to what exactly about surrogates system was messing up Onedrive, no?
Sure, let us know next time you find a mis-behaving website and if surrogates still don't work for you, we'll help you get that working at that point.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
Zitrus

Re: NOScript causing page reloads on OneDrive

Post by Zitrus »

barbaz wrote:...set about:config > noscript.surrogate.enabled to false and visit https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb ... sions.html with all scripts forbidden. Now reset noscript.surrogate.enabled to true and reload that page. ;)
barbaz wrote:...For me it's a basically blank page with surrogates disabled, and mostly-functional page with surrogates enabled....
I confirm this - blank page with surrogates disabled on Firefox 38.8.0(ESR) & Firefox 46.0 & Pale Moon 26.2.1.
All with new profiles with only NoScript add-on.
Zitrus wonders who's the man in the moon
Zitrus

Post by Zitrus »

Niacin wrote:...I don't have Pocket, MP staged roll-out or FF Hello. Never even heard of them! Unless they're stored somewhere I can't see, in other words, not in the Add-Ons / Extensions area, I have no idea where they are or where they came from,...
These extensions came from Mozilla and are part of Firefox 46.0
They come e.g. with the original "Firefox Setup 46.0.exe" and are located in your Firefox-directory:
Firefox\browser\features\e10srollout(at)mozilla.org.xpi ; firefox(at)getpocket.com.xpi ; loop(at)mozilla.org.xpi
(at) = @
And You can see them in about:support under Extensions - nothing fancy :mrgreen:

[offtopic]I can't use the "@" in the xpi's names because this forums antispam filter is a little bit toooo oversensitive and when I tried to use the "@" in the add-on's xpi-names the filter nags: "Ooops, something in your posting triggered my antispam filter...Please use the "Back" button to modify your content and retry." :lol: Image ImageImage[/offtopic]
Niacin

Post by Niacin »

barbaz wrote:No fast answer as to why surrogates aren't working for you, sorry. But I'd think your interesting situation has got to be a clue as to what exactly about surrogates system was messing up Onedrive, no?
Sure, let us know next time you find a mis-behaving website and if surrogates still don't work for you, we'll help you get that working at that point.
Thanks a lot anyway, much appreciated for the time you invested
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:46.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/46.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

You're welcome. Image

@Zitrus: if you had "Do not automatically parse URLs" checked probably the spam filter saw board-generated links to email addresses
-
JLJ

Post by JLJ »

For me with surrogates enabled (default) OneDrive still reloads but now stops once I "temp allow all scripts" at which point I can, blessedly, actually work with the contents. Not sure which connections might still be at issue -- I can see optimizely and modpim but there are others in the recently blocked objects submenu which sometimes are impossible to view because the refresh causes the menu to close a nanosecond after it opens. If anyone knows if those two connections are safe to always allow and/or what others OneDrive requires (which, hopefully, makes them MS connections) I'd love to know.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:46.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/46.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

optimizely is a tracker. No idea about modpim it's not listed in any my lists and no idea what to make of search results.
-
lakrsrool

Post by lakrsrool »

Nice to see MS fixed OneDrive. Image
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:38.9) Gecko/20100101 Goanna/2.0 Firefox/38.9 PaleMoon/26.2.1
sandrock

Post by sandrock »

It looks like a fix has been pushed to production. Do you confirm?
The problem does not occur anymore.
Yeah, I'm no longer reproing this either. It looks like our web devs may have fixed a separate issue that was also responsible for this one.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/45.0
Zitrus

Post by Zitrus »

barbaz wrote:@Zitrus: if you had "Do not automatically parse URLs" checked probably the spam filter saw board-generated links to email addresses
Even this is off-topic, I say Thanks for the hint - though it's the same outcome with "...parse URLs" checked or unchecked. But it's totally negligible - it's easy to bypass this tiny hiccup ;)