[RESOLVED] NOScript causing page reloads on OneDrive

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
barbaz

Re: NOScript causing page reloads on OneDrive

Post by barbaz »

Niacin wrote:You mean I'm banned already!!!! :o
You, who has contributed so much already and done nothing wrong? No way. The account anyway checked out as legitimate, FYI.

Let us know if you want the OP of this thread put under your account as well.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
Niacin

Post by Niacin »

barbaz wrote:
Niacin wrote:You mean I'm banned already!!!! :o
You, who has contributed so much already and done nothing wrong?
Give me time :D
barbaz wrote: Let us know if you want the OP of this thread put under your account as well.

Yes please - makes more sense doesn't it
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/45.0
DigiDutch

Post by DigiDutch »

I do not have a solution, but I have tried fo find the source of the problem. Maybe the following information does help:

It is possible that the live.com WLSCC cookie is reloading the pages. This cookie was send, after you did log in your MS account. I don't know the function of the cookie.

To check if your conclusion in your situation is the same:

1. Log out from your MS account
2. Delete the cookie live.com WLSCC
3. Open an OneDrive link containing photo's, which you received from a friend. The page does not reload again, while NoScript is at present.

4. All seems normal, until you log-in your MS-account, the live.com WLSCC cookie is replaced, and there is the continuous reloading of the pages again.
5. Re-open the OneDrive link containing photo's, which you received from a friend. The continuous reloading of the pages will happen again.
Guest Chris

Post by Guest Chris »

Count me in as interested in a fix. I also have encountered this issue with two different PCs on which everything worked fine until a few days ago.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/45.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Guest Chris wrote:everything worked fine until a few days ago
(emphasis mine)
Do you know if something, e.g. NoScript, updated (or could have updated) on your end during those few days?
-

Post by Guest »

barbaz wrote:
Guest Chris wrote:everything worked fine until a few days ago
(emphasis mine)
Do you know if something, e.g. NoScript, updated (or could have updated) on your end during those few days?
I was on holiday for a week and haven't used Onedirve for maybe 2-3 weeks at least. But both PCs have independently started this behavior so I guess the change was on Onedrives side?
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

2-3 week break is about the right timing for NoScript to have updated: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/noscript/versions/
So if you automatically update Firefox extensions, we're not currently sure which end the change is, thus a NoScript downgrade would be a useful test.
-
AE-Thyxie

Post by AE-Thyxie »

No, I don't believe that it was a NoScript update that caused this. I use OneDrive literally every day. I can no longer remember exactly when, I think it was around last Friday or Thursday, around the 29th or 30th of March, when the problem suddenly began, unrelated to any NoScript updates. There WAS an update last weekend to NoScript, but the problem began to occur before that update.

I believe that Microsoft did something with the programming of their OneDrive page. This problem seemed to start completely unrelated to changes to NoScript. In fact, it started seemingly at random, with no apparent connections to anything clearly visible.
Niacin

Post by Niacin »

AE-Thyxie wrote: I believe that Microsoft did something with the programming of their OneDrive page. This problem seemed to start completely unrelated to changes to NoScript. In fact, it started seemingly at random, with no apparent connections to anything clearly visible.
Wouldn't be at all surprised if Microsoft were monkeying around - it's not like that hasn't happened before.
RichardD

Post by RichardD »

Just experienced exactly this problem. The workaround of setting noscript.surrogate.enabled to false resolved the issue for me. I still see a load of errors in the console, but the page no longer reloads in a loop.

FF 45.0.1 x64
NoScript 2.9.0.10
Windows 10 v 1511 (build 10586.164)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/45.0
chojrak11

Post by chojrak11 »

It's not a problem of disabling/enabling scripts. I've created a brand new Firefox profile without any addons to test this issue. Without NoScript OneDrive loads successfully and stays on the page. With NoScript and with all domains whitelisted (or even scripts enabled globally) the page keeps on reloading. Disabling ABE didn't help. Playing with XSS settings didn't help either. The only workaround that succeeded is what @RichardD suggested - to set noscript.surrogate.enabled to false, however I wasn't able to pinpoint any specific surrogate rule which is responsible for the reload.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:46.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/46.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

chojrak11 wrote:The only workaround that succeeded is what @RichardD suggested
Actually what I suggested: viewtopic.php?p=82258#p82258
Can we credit the right people please? :)
-
AE-Thyxie

Post by AE-Thyxie »

I've already gotten into the habit of just switching off the surrogate.enabled for my brief usage of OneDrive, then switching it back on as soon as I leave. It's nice to have an easy workaround. I do, of course, hope that the issue will be fully resolved eventually, but at least this easy workaround has been discovered.

I'll keep lurking in this area until word of the true solution has been made.
Guest Chris

Post by Guest Chris »

I find it more simple to simply Click Firefox - Restart with Addons disabled. After having done with Onedrive, one simply restarts Firefox without any further fiddling needed.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

therube wrote:With surrogates enabled, that flutter, & domains showing up & vanishing from the NoScript icon, is incessant.
OK back up here. I missed the "showing up & vanishing" part of this post.
@therube, are the "vanishing" domains exist in the script listings posted by you & Niacin?
-