Reverse permanent permissions?

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
MyNameHere

Reverse permanent permissions?

Post by MyNameHere »

I have a suggestion/question about "Make page permissions permanent."

I've used NoScript for a few years now, and this is the first time I clicked "Make page permissions permanent" by accident.

I realized I could go back through the list of allowed scripts on that page and forbid them again. I assume that removed them from the whitelist. Is that correct?

However, I have two ideas:
1. Have a confirmation dialog for this selection.
2. When looking at the whitelist (in Options), provide the date/time the site was whitelisted and a means to sort by date/time. This would allow someone to be sure all the unwanted sites were removed.

I'm still a big NoScript fan!

Thanks!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:43.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/43.0
barbaz

Re: Reverse permanent permissions?

Post by barbaz »

MyNameHere wrote:I realized I could go back through the list of allowed scripts on that page and forbid them again. I assume that removed them from the whitelist. Is that correct?
It should have. If you are at all unsure, you can check NoScript Options > Whitelist for one of the sites you don't want...
MyNameHere wrote:1. Have a confirmation dialog for this selection.
Seems reasonable as long as there is a way to disable it in about:config for those who don't want it (I think having it enabled would be a good default, if this feature is added).
MyNameHere wrote:2. When looking at the whitelist (in Options), provide the date/time the site was whitelisted and a means to sort by date/time. This would allow someone to be sure all the unwanted sites were removed.
-1. Don't like this idea. I for one do not want NoScript to track me like that.
How about instead, keeping track of what was whitelisted in the current browser session (and *always* purging that cache when the browser session ends)? You could then sort the whitelist such that items added the current browser session come first.

(sort of related: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18287 )
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-