Nocript prevents Lastpass Vault menu from functioning

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
pcguy

Re: Nocript prevents Lastpass Vault menu from functioning

Post by pcguy »

Thrawn wrote:Hmm. That would certainly explain why lastpass.com is not showing up on the menu.

I would certainly recommend disabling cascaded permissions if you can. They should never be *necessary*, only convenient in some cases. However, if enabling cascade actually breaks the vault when it would otherwise work, then that does sound like a bug.

Perhaps cascading doesn't work properly when the top-level domain is a privileged protocol (like chrome:)? Giorgio would be better placed to answer that.

Can you try going to Options-Whitelist and manually adding https://lastpass.com to the whitelist?
The Account Settings worked as I mentioned in my Nov 12th post once I disabled Cascase Top Document's... but to test this I did the following:

lastpass.com was already in the whitelist but I went ahead deleted it anyways. I then enabled Full Addresses. I then added https://lastpass.com to the whitelist. Account settings in LastPass vault still worked. I enabled the Cascade Top Document's ... and the Account Settings menu did not work. So the issue was caused by Cascade Top Document's.. setting being abled.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/42.0
Thrawn
Master Bug Buster

Post by Thrawn »

OK, I can reproduce this, and it definitely seems like a bug. It's up to Giorgio.

In the meantime, I recommend against using Cascade Permissions. It's convenient, but less secure.
======
Thrawn
------------
Religion is not the opium of the masses. Daily life is the opium of the masses.

True religion, which dares to acknowledge death and challenge the way we live, is an attempt to wake up.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/42.0
pcguy

Post by pcguy »

I found out why I enabled the Cascade option. If you go to http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest with NoScript enabled that is what their popup tells you to do in order to run the speedtest:

Adblock, or NOSCRIPT - is blocking access to remote IPs (not scripts).
The test needs to download from several IPs
Set NOSCRIPT>Options>Advanced>Trusted>Cascade top document..
Thrawn
Master Bug Buster

Post by Thrawn »

That's not necessary. I'd recommend against taking a site's advice about how to configure NoScript for viewing the site; they'll always emphasise ease and compatibility, not necessarily security.

I've run a successful speed test allowing only:
dslreports.com (this is the one that has lots of subdomains)
dslr.net (actually https://i.dslr.net)
cdnjs.cloudflare.com
======
Thrawn
------------
Religion is not the opium of the masses. Daily life is the opium of the masses.

True religion, which dares to acknowledge death and challenge the way we live, is an attempt to wake up.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/42.0
pcguy

Post by pcguy »

Well I have the following whitelisted:

dslreports.com
dslr.net
cloudflare.com

and I still can not get the speedtest to work. I still see their pop up showing up. I can not whitelist the subdomains you indicated since the main domains are already whitelists
therube
Ambassador

Post by therube »

In addition to the domains you've listed, as the test goes through its motions, there were a lot of "numbered" IP addresses that turned up.
They don't show until it gets going.

Allow Globally worked just fine, as I imagine Cascade would too.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/42.0 SeaMonkey/2.39