Freezing pc and looping when loading sites

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
allcooll

Freezing pc and looping when loading sites

Post by allcooll »

Hello.

I searched all over internet for what was freezing my pc and what was making some sites reload in a infinite loop.

I thought it was the new firefox 39 or some of my extensions, so I tested firefox on safe mode and nothing like that happened.

So I thought it could only be some bugged extension. I tested all my extensions: noscript, adblock plus, referer control, etc

I tested leaving only one extension active each time. The problem only occurred when I had noscript active.

The site that practically "kills" my notebook ( with Windows 7 ultimate - i5 3th gen, 4gb, LG n450 ) is iclarified.com. When I load the site, it freezes everything but the mouse, although I cant click anything.

Other sites go to an infinite loop (reload after some seconds), like www.pontofrio.com.br, www.casasbahia.com.br (these are brazilian shopping sites).

Sorry my bad english and sorry if someone already solved this ( I couldnt find the solution, only disabling noscript, which I dont want to ).
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:39.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/39.0
barbaz

Re: Freezing pc and looping when loading sites

Post by barbaz »

allcooll wrote:The site that practically "kills" my notebook ( with Windows 7 ultimate - i5 3th gen, 4gb, LG n450 ) is iclarified.com
What are the script permissions for that site?
If anything is Allowed, try Forbidding the site.

Try Allowing Scripts Globally with nothing in Untrusted?

When it freezes, do you see anything related to NoScript in the Browser Console? (Ctrl-Shift-J)
(related messages will usually start with "[NoScript" or "[ABE]"; if you don't know what's related, turn off CSS warnings and post everything else you see)
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
allcooll

Post by allcooll »

Thanks for replying.

I took a picture to answer your questions (worth more than a thousand words :D ).

Does this help?
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Thanks, that's very helpful.

There is nothing related in the Browser Console.

Please try my suggestions above involving changing script permissions.
(If Allow Scripts Globally does get it working, it's a matter of finding what site(s) need to be Allowed. If forbidding scripts gets it working, and you can't do without JS on that site... probably surrogate script of some sort is needed.)
-
allcooll

Post by allcooll »

If I block all scripts (not untrust them, just not allowing) the site loads fast and ok (no freezing at all). If I allow only iclarified, it freezes my pc.

The other sites I mentioned have this problem too. If I dont allow any scripts, they load well, but as they are shopping sites, they demand javascript. :(

I can only open them well on google chrome, where I leave all scripts allowed.

I have a desktop pc that is having the same issue on the same sites. I really wanna know how can I fix this. :|
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

allcooll wrote:If I block all scripts (not untrust them, just not allowing) the site loads fast and ok (no freezing at all). If I allow only iclarified, it freezes my pc.
And if you Allow Scripts Globally in NoScript...?
-
allcooll

Post by allcooll »

barbaz wrote:
allcooll wrote:If I block all scripts (not untrust them, just not allowing) the site loads fast and ok (no freezing at all). If I allow only iclarified, it freezes my pc.
And if you Allow Scripts Globally in NoScript...?
If I allow globally it freezes too.
One more thing: it happens only once. When I close tab and load the site again, it doesnt freeze again.

The other sites that get in a loop, they always get in a loop when I close and open another tab.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Well I've tried to reproduce the hanging on iclarified... and can't. As such I don't think I can help further, sorry. :(
-
allcooll

Post by allcooll »

After a long time searching for a solution, I think I found one

I made a "combination" of acts, so, I dont know what fixed my freezes, but fixed :D

I activated the firefox health report and crash report (which I have always used disabled)

I installed some optional windows updates.
I think the one that may have fixed my issue was one that resolved a leak in dwm.exe ( https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3078667 )

I thought it could be my intel graphics with my amd ati (all on-board) in a dual-gpu setup.

Maybe this can help someone. I have a LG-N450 i5 3rd generation laptop
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:40.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/40.0
apollo702

Post by apollo702 »

The first site had too many scripts and XSSes to configure for me. Plus most needed translation and figuring out marketing and tracking jargon is difficult enough in English. After getting the main ones configured I got no sign of freezes at all. Still, you may want to check out it's WOT ratings. (I am not including the links because the internal filters here wont like them.)

The second one thankfully had fewer things attempting to run in the background and gave no freezes- but also it got a disturbing number of red flags from WOT.

You should take a look at what they have to say and consider if you want to continue using those sites.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64; rv:25.7) Gecko/20150824 Firefox/31.9 PaleMoon/25.7.0