Missing buttons on spotify and zazzle

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
Terikan

Missing buttons on spotify and zazzle

Post by Terikan »

Both are .coms. No matter what I allow, I can't get images on these sites and maybe a few others to show. They are likely generated using javascript, and there's a red dot/star type thing in the bottom right of the NoScript icon.

I can allow scripts globally, and that gets them to show up, but nothing else does. I've disabled ABE and everything else I could think of.

It's happening on both my computers, so test it yourself to see if these sites give you issues as well before telling me to do the 4 step process in the sticky.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:32.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/32.0
barbaz

Re: Missing buttons on spotify and zazzle

Post by barbaz »

Can you please provide screenshots of both the NS menu+icon and what the affected sites actually look like? (upload to a site like http://postimage.org/, then post the link here)
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/31.0.1650.16 Safari/537.36
therube
Ambassador

Post by therube »

NoScript | Options | Embeddings

Is Forbid @font-face enabled?
Does disabling it make a difference?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:33.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.30
Thrawn
Master Bug Buster

Post by Thrawn »

And which buttons are missing?
======
Thrawn
------------
Religion is not the opium of the masses. Daily life is the opium of the masses.

True religion, which dares to acknowledge death and challenge the way we live, is an attempt to wake up.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:33.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/33.0
Terikan

Post by Terikan »

Here is a link to an image of the top of zazzle.com. Are you saying you don't get this when you go there?

http://s14.postimg.org/bi2u5an01/zazzle.gif
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:33.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/33.0
Terikan

Post by Terikan »

therube wrote:NoScript | Options | Embeddings

thank you, that worked on zazzle.com but why, when it says it's for untrusted sites?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:33.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/33.0
Thrawn
Master Bug Buster

Post by Thrawn »

Terikan wrote:Are you saying you don't get this when you go there?
I took a look at Spotify, but didn't really want to allow the piles of scripts it wanted to load...so I couldn't easily see what was missing.
======
Thrawn
------------

True religion, which dares to acknowledge death and challenge the way we live, is an attempt to wake up.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:33.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/33.0
therube
Ambassador

Post by therube »

> why, when it says it's for untrusted sites?

Do you have Apply these restrictions to whitelisted sites too enabled ?
Nope, that's not it.

It's because the images are coming from zcache.com, which you have not Allowed.
In that respect, zcache.com is "untrusted".
(It shows up under Blocked Objects rather then showing up as a domain directly able to be Allowed.)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:33.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/33.0 SeaMonkey/2.30
terikan

Post by terikan »

therube wrote:
> why, when it says it's for untrusted sites?

Do you have Apply these restrictions to whitelisted sites too enabled ?
Nope, that's not it.

It's because the images are coming from zcache.com, which you have not Allowed.
In that respect, zcache.com is "untrusted".
(It shows up under Blocked Objects rather then showing up as a domain directly able to be Allowed.)
And why is that lol? The way I have the options and icon setup, I don't see blocked objects, so fixing this without unchecking that box would have been a regular annoyance. If the S icon isn't completely clear, it should show what is being blocked (just imo).

You know what also might be a cool project. If noscript could load element creating parts of scripts so that placeholders for the effects of scripts could be seen, while nullifying all other contents. That way if I want to enable comments on a new site that has 15 layers of scripts dependant on other scripts all on different domains, I can cut right through to the domain that has the comment script rather than by enabling tons and tons of stuff I don't want.

It's not this extensions fault that this situation has cropped up, but it unfortunately limits the usefulness when you have to enable tons of junk that could be dangerous (possibly on domains that are shady and completely neglected by the main site you are visiting), in order to get to vital site functions. This is obviously a problem with the sad state of the internet. But any way to fix it for those of us who know how dumb it's gotten, would be awesome.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:32.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/32.0
CelticKat

Post by CelticKat »

Terikan wrote:
therube wrote:NoScript | Options | Embeddings

In order to have the symbols on the left-tab-bar options ("Search", "Browse", "Radio", "Your Music", and "Follow") display properly, I have to allow "FONT@https://glue-static.s3-external-3.amazonaws.com" under Blocked Objects. But it only gives me the option to temporarily allow it. Under Options > Embeddings, I do have "Forbid @font-face" checked, if that matters.

Is there a way to permanently allow that particular object without disabling the option mentioned above? :|

Post by barbaz »

CelticKat wrote:In order to have the symbols on the left-tab-bar options ("Search", "Browse", "Radio", "Your Music", and "Follow") display properly, I have to allow "FONT@https://glue-static.s3-external-3.amazonaws.com" under Blocked Objects. But it only gives me the option to temporarily allow it. Under Options > Embeddings, I do have "Forbid @font-face" checked, if that matters.

Is there a way to permanently allow that particular object without disabling the option mentioned above? :|
about:config > noscript.allowedMimeRegExp

EDIT Oh, you mean a specific object. I don't think NoScript offers an explicit way to do this, but you might be able to hack something together using ABE.
-
CelticKat

Post by CelticKat »

about:config > noscript.allowedMimeRegExp

EDIT Oh, you mean a specific object. I don't think NoScript offers an explicit way to do this, but you might be able to hack something together using ABE.
I don't comprehend enough about this level of coding to be able to do something like that, I think.

Thanks, though.
Thrawn
Master Bug Buster

Post by Thrawn »

I didn't get the impression that this is talking about a specific object, just fonts at a specific site. In which case, allowedMimeRegExp will do the job.
======
Thrawn
------------

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/42.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

I made that assumption because CelticKat had previously posted this viewtopic.php?f=7&t=20645
-
CelticKat

Post by CelticKat »

I specifically said the word "objects" because that's the menu it was under: Blocked Objects.