RequestPolicy development goes on

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
Mc

RequestPolicy development goes on

Post by Mc »

Good news for all, who are using NoScript and RequestPolicy.
The development of RequestPolicy goes on. Justin Samuel writes on AMO:
"RequestPolicy's new version is under development as RequestPolicy Continued. Ultimately, I'd like RequestPolicy Continued to replace RequestPolicy."
And he provides a link: http://requestpolicycontinued.github.io/requestpolicy/
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:32.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/32.0 SeaMonkey/2.29 Lightning/3.4b1
Thrawn
Master Bug Buster

Re: RequestPolicy development goes on

Post by Thrawn »

Good to know :). Still, I guess I should get back to developing SABER. I lost some progress when a computer died, but the latest published version is still on my Google Drive.
======
Thrawn
------------
Religion is not the opium of the masses. Daily life is the opium of the masses.

True religion, which dares to acknowledge death and challenge the way we live, is an attempt to wake up.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:32.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/32.0
Mc

Post by Mc »

Thrawn wrote:Good to know :). Still, I guess I should get back to developing SABER. I lost some progress when a computer died, but the latest published version is still on my Google Drive.
Now that a community is developing RequestPolicy, wouldn't it be possible to integrate your ideas and work in RequestPolicy?
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:32.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/32.0 SeaMonkey/2.29 Lightning/3.4b1
Thrawn
Master Bug Buster

Post by Thrawn »

Mc wrote: Now that a community is developing RequestPolicy, wouldn't it be possible to integrate your ideas and work in RequestPolicy?
Not really, no. SABER is just a front-end for ABE. Unless the community wants to redesign RP to be based on ABE, it's more likely to work the other way, with RP interface ideas feeding into SABER.
======
Thrawn
------------
Religion is not the opium of the masses. Daily life is the opium of the masses.

True religion, which dares to acknowledge death and challenge the way we live, is an attempt to wake up.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:32.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/32.0
Mc

Post by Mc »

Thrawn wrote:
Mc wrote: Now that a community is developing RequestPolicy, wouldn't it be possible to integrate your ideas and work in RequestPolicy?
Not really, no. SABER is just a front-end for ABE. Unless the community wants to redesign RP to be based on ABE, it's more likely to work the other way, with RP interface ideas feeding into SABER.
They think about some kind of integration: take a look at NoScript's ABE
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:33.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/33.0 SeaMonkey/2.30 Lightning/3.5b1