Multiple clicks are killing me

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
RobDownUnder

Multiple clicks are killing me

Post by RobDownUnder »

I noticed the other thread (4 pages) closed due to spamming.
When I visit a page that I trust, I have to click "allow all on this page" many times. (Cascading scripts)
Could you provide a hot key to make life easy, as having to MOUSE CLICK repeatedly is really annoying.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:28.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/28.0
Hecuba's daughter

Re: Multiple clicks are killing me

Post by Hecuba's daughter »

Hello,
NS is a security application. It's set up precisely to allow decisions at every point a page wants to load a script.
If you want to stop deciding for any page, there's a menu item hot button below "Allow All": "Allow Scripts Globally".
That won't whitelist anything, but will let all scripts run for all instances of Fx for ever more until you revoke it, so NS won't interrupt the cascade of scripts you're annoyed by. I hate those pages too, but I generally turn my back on them if the first set of sites won't run the content I want.

However, if you mean by "allow" that you want to permanently whitelist all the sites on a site you visit, then you will have to go through the "Allows" cascade for at least one visit.
I you haven't browsed there yet, please do read the introductory paragraphs on the terms for permissions, and how they operate from the menu, in the Quick Start Guide at the top of the support forum. It's a very clear guide.

Welcome to the forums.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:28.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/28.0 SeaMonkey/2.25
RobDownUnder

Post by RobDownUnder »

There is no way in the world that I am going to switch off scripts globally, as I always have multiple tabs open, and some of them could be 'suss'
I love NoScript, and will not browse without it (thus I only ever use FF, because it has NoScript)
I am 72, and the instructions are not readily understandable by me.
I have Google many times on this annoyance (multiple clicks), and everyone appears to be told lengthy instructions, on how to do this, and that to solve it.
It appears that the developer has a (dogmatic) belief in the way scripts must be handled, and resists providing us with an easy shortcut.

I have tried to convince others to use NoScript, and some have given up. I suspect that the multiple clicks annoyed them.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:28.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/28.0
Hecuba's daughter

RobDownUnder wrote: some have given up
Yes, NS isn't for everyone.

Sorry you aren't able to read the documentation with ease. It's great that you can still use and even love NS!
All I can say is NS is a security application. Giorgio would've already provided something for people to click to Globally Allow per tab if it was at all possible - or desirable - as a secure feature; I take the approach that Giorgio is the expert and I trust his provision of features, especially with regard to providing as much flexibility within secure limits as he can.

This thread has the preferences you can configure to emulate Global Allow per tab for a single tab - as long as you don't need to change permissions in other tabs in the same session.
Power users Thrawn and therube, as always, have deep knowledge of Firefox/NS preferences
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/24.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

RobDownUnder wrote:Could you provide a hot key to make life easy
go about:config -> set noscript.keys.tempAllowPage to your desired hotkey
see http://noscript.net/faq#qa3_11 for how the pref works

@Hecuba's daughter: if you're going to try to help people, please read their posts before answering
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:29.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/29.0 SeaMonkey/2.26a2
Hecuba's daughter

barbaz wrote:if you're going to try to help people
Not any more, thanks so much for the timely advice. I think you'll do much better than me. You've got the advantage of being perfect ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/24.0
RobDownUnder

Post by RobDownUnder »

barbaz wrote:
RobDownUnder wrote:Could you provide a hot key to make life easy
go about:config -> set noscript.keys.tempAllowPage to your desired hotkey
see http://noscript.net/faq#qa3_11 for how the pref works
Thanks you for taking the time to contribute that info
I have used
Ctrl Shift *
And that makes life much easier