Local communication blocked?

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
DAOWAce

Local communication blocked?

Post by DAOWAce »

Okay, solved the issue I posted about.. editing post.

A file server application I run on my computer which allows access to everyone on the LAN is blocked from communicating through the browser if NoScript is active. The application is accessed via a website on the WAN.

Is there any way to allow this?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0
Thrawn
Master Bug Buster

Re: Local communication blocked?

Post by Thrawn »

May I ask how you solved it?

Probably the cause was the built-in ABE rule, in the SYSTEM ruleset. The best approach would be to identify the blocked traffic, and put a rule above this one to permit it. Other approaches, such as disabling ABE or removing the built-in rule, leave you exposed to cross-zone attacks.
======
Thrawn
------------
Religion is not the opium of the masses. Daily life is the opium of the masses.

True religion, which dares to acknowledge death and challenge the way we live, is an attempt to wake up.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux i686; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0
DAOWAce

Post by DAOWAce »

I'm an idiot, is how I solved it. In that case, it actually was retrieving data from a website; I hadn't noticed something available to unblock until after I posted.

Still, the now edited issue is something I'd like to eventually get fixed. Basically, trying to access localhost via a website. If there's some way to set an exception for this specific site and not unblock all local communication, that would be the ideal solution; but I've no idea what any of the options would do to resolve it. I have 'allow local links' enabled to no avail.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

DAOWAce wrote:Still, the now edited issue is something I'd like to eventually get fixed. Basically, trying to access localhost via a website. If there's some way to set an exception for this specific site and not unblock all local communication, that would be the ideal solution; but I've no idea what any of the options would do to resolve it. I have 'allow local links' enabled to no avail.
that's ABE
you can make exception to the builtin system rule, see http://noscript.net/faq#qa8_1 and http://noscript.net/abe/abe_rules.pdf for instructions
if you can't figure it out from there, post here the messages from browser console (ctrl-shift-j) and we'll help you
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:29.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/29.0 SeaMonkey/2.26a1