Has the latest NS upgrade solved the unresponsive script err

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
nagan

Has the latest NS upgrade solved the unresponsive script err

Post by nagan »

I use , session manager, to restore pages and tabs sometimes nearly in the excess of 10 pages and each say 8 tabs. What I could get to see is a high consumption of memory >800mb and hyper CPU activity attributed to that. Coupled that with a few alert boxes of non-responsive scripts which includes a Facebook page.

This would be hard esp when I resume after an hibernation.
I have reported the issue here and here , for whatever it is worth.

The latest NS upgrade , seems to have a control on that..

Just making a mention....
Dreams are REAL possibilities. Pursue them with zest and you can make them HAPPEN!
You are GOD.Realize THAT!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0
jazmynroez@gmail.com

Re: Has the latest NS upgrade solved the unresponsive script

Post by jazmynroez@gmail.com »

I am having a similar issue with script non responsive and locking up, freezing up. I have had to reset Firefox back to basics three times now, to stop it. And it seems to build ONLY when I have your software attached to firefox. I ran without it for 2 weeks without an issue. I love this software and its saved me so many times. Please let me know when you fix this issue, so that I can have you back.

Thanks.

Jaz
Thrawn
Master Bug Buster

Post by Thrawn »

nagan wrote:What I could get to see is a high consumption of memory >800mb and hyper CPU activity attributed to that. Coupled that with a few alert boxes of non-responsive scripts which includes a Facebook page.
Is this definitely related to NoScript? Happens with NoScript enabled, doesn't happen with NoScript disabled?
jazmynroez@gmail.com wrote:I am having a similar issue with script non responsive and locking up, freezing up. I have had to reset Firefox back to basics three times now, to stop it. And it seems to build ONLY when I have your software attached to firefox. I ran without it for 2 weeks without an issue.
Can you give examples of URLs where this is occurring?
======
Thrawn
------------
Religion is not the opium of the masses. Daily life is the opium of the masses.

True religion, which dares to acknowledge death and challenge the way we live, is an attempt to wake up.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux i686; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0

Post by Guest »

Yes, I've noticed this issue, it's gotten worse and worse and worse. To the point my whole computer hangs for over a minute. I had a site that just WOULD NOT load properly even with everything allowed. I tried it in safe mode and it worked. Tried turning off everything one at a time. NoScript was doing it, even though I was allowing the site and everything it called to. But when I disabled noscript I made the mistake of trying the reset option BEFORE I exported my white-list. D'OH! I've been building a site by site whitelist for years. Seemed to solve the hanging problem, although the site in question still wouldn't work with NS enabled. And no it was a safe site. Well a government site anyway... At first I thought it was a symptom of a loooooong list checking against many many sites, over and over. But today went back to hanging on some sites and I don't really have any white or black lists built up again. Worth noting that I think most people have Request Policy and Cookie Monster or something like that installed as well. Maybe it's a conflict. But if it continues I'm gonna have to look for another script option. If there are any. Also thought it was just me but my wife started complaining about her computer "wearing out" the other day. Of course I set her's up the same way. But she's on an older version of windows.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0

Post by Guest »

Thought I'd also add to this by mentioning that it seems to involve flash sites. Not sure if it's just flash or object blocking. I think it could be connected. Turning off flash also keeps it from happening. I'll try disabling flash blocking. Also noticed problems where typekit is used? Like on simple.tv for example.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0
Thrawn
Master Bug Buster

Post by Thrawn »

Guest wrote:Tried turning off everything one at a time.
Does that include trying NoScript with everything else turned off? It may be a conflict between NoScript and some other addon. Although probably not RequestPolicy; that would be noticed pretty quickly.

Not happening for me, btw.
======
Thrawn
------------
Religion is not the opium of the masses. Daily life is the opium of the masses.

True religion, which dares to acknowledge death and challenge the way we live, is an attempt to wake up.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0
galbicka

Post by galbicka »

I have suffered with Firefox/flash crashing issues from flash version 11 on. If I go back to flash version 10 the problems disappear. I have not tested using previous versions of Firefox though. I have read up on the many complaints and tried all of the fixes suggested and only two fixes work for me. I can confirm this continues to be the case using the latest versions of Firefox and flash. The two fixes that work for me is to disable NoScript completely. Once disabled (all other add-ons enabled) my flash problems disappear. Once enabled again then flash crashes and Firefox hangs even when NS is set to allow everything on that site. The only way to temporarily clear the problem is restart Firefox which will help until the next crash. The crashes happen on various sites but the sites are always ones that I have completely allowed in NS. The other solution that seems to work is to disable protected mode in flash. This correlates to the problem beginning in flash version 11. Once disabled I can keep NS enabled and have no flash crashes.
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

galbicka wrote:Once disabled I can keep NS enabled and have no flash crashes.
Does the problem happen also in a clean profile with just NoScript in its default configuration (and no other extension at all)?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0
galbicka

Post by galbicka »

Giorgio Maone wrote:Does the problem happen also in a clean profile with just NoScript in its default configuration (and no other extension at all)?

Yes it does. I found out when the flash plug in crashes and you click the link on it to reload it you get a clear click warning from NS. Then you can choose to allow (not suggested) and it will reload. Clear click protection by default is for trusted and untrusted sites. I changed that to just untrusted to see if that helped. Flash crashed again and I clicked it to reload it and did not get the clear click warning. That seems to indicate it is not the issue.
galbicka

Post by galbicka »

Searching your forum provides many hits to users with the same problem. Here is one example:
http://forums.informaction.com/viewtopi ... =7&t=17138
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0