Making Temporary permissions permanent.

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
nagan

Making Temporary permissions permanent.

Post by nagan »

This has been discussed earlier and the feature right now avbl is making all the temporary permissions permanent.

1.In case of multiple tabs ,multiple windows open (various sites) with varied degrees of permission---
I choose to operate from only one of the tabs.1)Make page permissions permanent or 2)Revoke temporary permissions.

Do they validate all the open tabs and windows. 1) may have a defined logic but 2) could act for all tabs and windows even though the intention was for that particular tab? :roll: :roll:

2.Suppose I temporarily permit 3 out of 5 sites in a page and later decide to stick to 1 for permanent whitelist. Do they need to be revoked and clicked again? Can't the sites be listed again for permanent permission anyway?
Dreams are REAL possibilities. Pursue them with zest and you can make them HAPPEN!
You are GOD.Realize THAT!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009021910 Firefox/3.0.7
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: Making Temporary permissions permanent.

Post by Giorgio Maone »

I'm not sure I understand everything of your intentions, but how it works now is:
  1. Make page permissions permanent works as expected by its label, i.e. turns all the sites listed as temporarily allowed in this page's NoScript menu permanent.
  2. Revoke temporary permissions revokes all the temporary privileges you granted during this session so far. It's a "reset" command. If you want to revoke those given on this page only, use the "Forbid" menu items.
These are the most useful and common usage patterns, IMHO, and they're here to stay.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
nagan

Post by nagan »

Thanks for the clarification.The first query is solved. The next one is ,do I have a method of picking a particular site for permanent whitelist among the temporary permissions given without forbidding it and putting it in the loop?
Dreams are REAL possibilities. Pursue them with zest and you can make them HAPPEN!
You are GOD.Realize THAT!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009021910 Firefox/3.0.7
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

nagan wrote:Thanks for the clarification.The first query is solved. The next one is ,do I have a method of picking a particular site for permanent whitelist among the temporary permissions given without forbidding it and putting it in the loop?
With the new sticky menu you can do it in just two clicks: forbid xyz.com, allow xyz.com.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)