Google Notebook for Firefox problem with NoScript

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
chojrak11

Google Notebook for Firefox problem with NoScript

Post by chojrak11 »

Hello,

the Google Notebook extension for Firefox is a useful tool that allows quick bookmarking of anything you spot on the Web, you can select a portion of the page and comment it with your notes. It has an option to display "Note it" button whenever you select any text on a page. And now the problem. If scripts aren't enabled for this particular domain or website, instead of nice blue button you get well known NoScript logo telling you that there's a IFRAME trying to show up. If you enable scripts for the domain or website, "Note it" works as expected.

I'd like to ask whether it is possible to have "Note it" without enabling scripts on every page I need to bookmark.

Thanks for the incredible extension and keep up the good work!

Regards.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; pl; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009021910 Firefox/3.0.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: Google Notebook for Firefox problem with NoScript

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Just upgrade to latest development build :)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009021910 Firefox/3.0.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
chojrak11

Post by chojrak11 »

You're brilliant, thank you very much :-)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; pl; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009021910 Firefox/3.0.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

chojrak11 wrote:You're brilliant, thank you very much :-)
That he is. 8-)
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8
chojrak11

Post by chojrak11 »

GµårÐïåñ wrote: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8
OT - Is this the right way to be notified about Firefox updates? ;-)
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

chojrak11 wrote:
GµårÐïåñ wrote: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8
Forgive me but I don't understand the question? That information is automatically posted by the forum software and I am sorry but I don't understand the question. There are update postings on Mozilla, I have put it on my blog, Giorgio has mentioned it on his blog, its all over the forum, so not sure what you mean. Sorry.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8
chojrak11

Post by chojrak11 »

GµårÐïåñ wrote:
chojrak11 wrote:
Sorry it meant to be a joke - I wasn't aware that there is new release of Firefox until I saw your post ;-)
Don't be so bloody serious ;-)

Regards.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; pl; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Tom T.
Field Marshal

Post by Tom T. »

What fixed your problem was not a *Firefox* update, it was a *NoScript" update. You can get those automatically by configuring Firefox > Tools > Options > Advanced > Update > "Automatically check for updates to:
You probably already have "Firefox" checked. Just also check "Installed Add-Ons". Fx will then regularly check for updates to NoScript and all of your other add-ons.
You can also check manually at any time via Fx > Tools > Add-ons > Find Updates.

The reason you would not have gotten this one is that the recommendation from NoScript developer Giorgio Maone was "Just upgrade to latest development build" with the link. "Development build" means the improvements he is continually adding and testing at any given moment, but have not yet been released as the official stable release. That is why you needed to be directed via the link to get it manually. As soon as that version becomes the official stable version, Mozilla automatic updates should have it for you (sometimes they are a little tardy, but not for too long.)

Please don't take offense at GµårÐïåñ's post. From another post of his, I read that he is just going to sleep after working 38 hours straight (including numerous excellent posts here), and I think we all would be a little "off" in that condition. If you hang around here, which we welcome you to do, you'll find that he is extremely knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly, as all of us try to be, although like all humans, we all have our "off" moments.

And yes, Giorgio is brilliant. That is why we volunteer to help, as he can't by himself possibly build the program *and* run the entire support forum, with the fastest response time I or most people have ever seen, plus do minor things like make a living (NS is free, but you can donate if you like, no nagware, ever), eat, sleep, hold his new baby (and baby's mother ;), play, study, read multiple web sources for new vulnerabilities to fix, fix them, respond to articles that misrepresent NS, exercise... Perhaps some day, you'll help us help him?

Cheers!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/2.0.0.20
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

chojrak11 wrote:
Tom T. wrote:What fixed your problem was not a *Firefox* update, it was a *NoScript" update.
I guess he knew that.
His joke (pretty clever, indeed, maybe too much for our sleep deprivation levels) was about the fact he knew Firefox 3.0.8 was out looking at GµårÐïåñ's auto-signature, before reading of it in the news.
A nice way to tell people hanging here is quite ahead the times :cool:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

chojrak11 wrote: Sorry it meant to be a joke - I wasn't aware that there is new release of Firefox until I saw your post ;-)
Don't be so bloody serious ;-)

Regards.
Ok gotcha, sorry I didn't get it. I wasn't upset or being "bloody serious" I was just to understand it so I can give a proper response, I rather not assume what the person means and be wrong. I find that more offensive. I sometimes find out about things by accident too.

Thank you Tom and Giorgio, I do try but I guess I get misunderstood sometimes :(
I just cleared up an old one with Alan, I guess I better start a list of others too :oops: