amazon links and google images not displayed

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
Ed

amazon links and google images not displayed

Post by Ed »

Some sites have images from books from amazon which you can click. But these images are blocked by defaulkt and the images appear as a big yellow dot with a red exclamation mark. How do I make them visible?

Also, google images always asks confirmation for redirecting (the blue icon with the white arrow in the statusbar).
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; nl; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009021910 Firefox/3.0.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: amazon links and google images not displayed

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Ed wrote:Some sites have images from books from amazon which you can click. But these images are blocked by defaulkt and the images appear as a big yellow dot with a red exclamation mark. How do I make them visible?
This doesn't seem something from NoScript...
Also, google images always asks confirmation for redirecting (the blue icon with the white arrow in the statusbar).
You may want to uncheck NoScript Options|Advanced|Untrusted|Forbid META redirections inside <NOSCRIPT> elements.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009021910 Firefox/3.0.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Ed

Post by Ed »

Yes it really is caused by noscript, but disabling noscript doesn't help. That iks what makes it so strange.

This the the popup I get (in Dutch) after I try to click the rcm.amazon link:

http://www.watchman-nee.nl/bestanden/click.jpg
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; nl; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009021910 Firefox/3.0.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Ed wrote:Yes it really is caused by noscript, but disabling noscript doesn't help. That iks what makes it so strange.

This the the popup I get (in Dutch) after I try to click the rcm.amazon link:

http://www.watchman-nee.nl/bestanden/click.jpg
No, it's not NoScript causing the image or frame to fail loading.
The popup is from NoScript because the content which was meant to be displayed in a frame failed to load because of a networking error (not because of NoScript), and therefore the standard about:neterror page has been loaded instead. You clicked it, but since most of its surface was concealed by a undersized frame, you got a ClearClick warning saying about the content being partially hidden. But the ClearClick warning is unrelated to (or, if you prefer, caused by) the networking error (and the content failing to load). That's why your problem doesn't go away disabling NoScript: you should most likely investigate some network-level block, such as a firewall or a proxy.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009021910 Firefox/3.0.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)