Additional steps to regain and retain user trust

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
Another guest

Re: Additional steps to regain and retain user trust

Post by Another guest »

Yes, in my opinion that's ok.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.16) Gecko/20080702 Firefox/2.0.0.16
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Additional steps to regain and retain user trust

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

I never thought it was a problem and frankly if we can create user side scripts to modify the ui and change things, I don't see why a webmaster can't choose to do the same with his site, regardless of his motivation or what people think. The fact is that it doesn't have anything to do with money but the fact is that the display of critical information (no one has to agree with this as long as the developer thinks its critical to him that's sufficient for him to act on HIS site) then he/she can choose to not allow that or modify the obscuring element. I don't see why everyone has to make such a big deal about everything, for the love of god people.

I personally have ghostery installed and have it displaying the notice and for the most part like it but I find myself on certain sites that have the login box on the top or the logout link on that location and I have it being blocked by that stupid looking display and so the only solution to see it and yet get rid of it before it becomes annoying is to set the timer to a very low 5 second interval so I can have functionality back again. This is a piss poor implementation pure and simple and there is nothing UN-nice about it to say so. If the developer of ghostery wants to provide that ugly option, at least provide the ability to move it to another location in the settings, instead of forcing top right, give ability to move it to bottom right, right center, bottom center, left bottom, left center, top center, top left, you get the idea, so that the user can customize what is LEAST annoying. Developers whine about this and that having effect on their extension instead of getting off their ass and finding a better of doing things now that they know there is some annoyance factor with how they are doing it. Giorgio did and has a 100 times when people tell him this and that is annoying or difficult, why not others?
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.10) Gecko/2009042316 Firefox/3.0.10