Unable to use PayPal to donate

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
J_byt

Unable to use PayPal to donate

Post by J_byt »

Hello Mr Maone,
I have been a satisfied user of NoScript almost as long as I have had Firefox. I have a problem,I cannot get PayPal to work on my PC.It just will not take my donation.I give to the Mozilla Foundation through NetworkFor Good.org without any problems. Will my donation to Mozilla reach you as I want to very much donate to NoScript because in my opinion Firefox is really safer with Noscript. Thanks for a superior product.

J_byt
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009021910 Firefox/3.0.7
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: Unable to use PayPal to donate

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Hi J_byt,
thanks for your will to contribute. Donations to Mozilla won't reach me.
Anyway I'd like to understand why Paypal is not working for you. Do you get any specific error message?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009021910 Firefox/3.0.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Tom T.
Field Marshal

Post by Tom T. »

Giorgio, I'm very close to implementing the non-Paypal donation method that we discussed, without any need for action on your part. Will email you with details a bit later.

J-byt, hang in there for a few days.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/2.0.0.20
J_byt

Post by J_byt »

Hello and thanks for the reply,

When I attempt to put my credit card info into the allocated space everything is grayed and I cannot proceed any further. I had this same problem with Mozilla and I e-mailed them at Mountain View and that's where I got the networkforgood.org address. I guess the issue is not fixed. I gave full permission with the NoScript, added paypal to my whitelist and even thought of using IE but decided against that as I never use IE for money transactions.I did everything with Firefox to allow a transaction but when I go to put my credit card info in paypal it turns grayed out. I don't know what the problem is with Paypal but the problem is their website at least for me.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009021910 Firefox/3.0.7
Alan Baxter
Ambassador

Post by Alan Baxter »

You may need to have paypalobjects.com whitelisted too. I've never had trouble getting paypal donations to work.

Just noticed, there's a flash object hosted by paypalobjects.com on that page, but I don't see a placeholder. If you've "blocked objects from trusted sites too", then you might need to temporarily unblock it from the NoScript menu's Blocked Objects flyout.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009021910 Firefox/3.0.7
J_byt

Post by J_byt »

Hello and thank you for the advice,

On my PC paypal will not work. There are no error messages or anything to indicate a problem. I have tried everything short of using IE. Paypal is either grayed out, or it kicks back telling me my city/state is invalid. Could the site have been hacked? The site actually denies me putting my card info into it. I read Tom T has investigated using another donating site. This sounds like a good idea. Just know I really appreciate the work and research Mr. Maone and contributors have put into NoScript and If another site like networkforgood.org or similar is found I will get that donation into NoScript. My goodness, what a situation, people try to donate to a cause and the dumb site doesn't work that handles the transaction. Hope a work -a- round is found.

Regards,
A grateful Firefox/NoScript user
Tom T.
Field Marshal

Post by Tom T. »

J-byt, what I am doing is setting up a US bank account for Giorgio so that US citizens or residents, or for that matter, anyone with a US-dollar-denominated bank account can just mail a check directly to the NoScript account. Much simpler than using third-party collectors that seem to have so many problems. If you are in a different country, this would not help you unless your bank will not charge too much to issue a check in USD.

I don't like PayPal either, so I asked Giorgio if I could just send him a check, but by the time the banks in US and Italy charged for the conversions, etc., he'd have nothing left from my pathetic donation. So that is why I started this other path. It should be ready in a few days, I hope. Of course, there will be announcements.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/2.0.0.20