Navigation Display Issues

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Navigation Display Issues

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

- Aardvark (how is different in your experience from ABP: Element Hiding Helper?)
I just use it for page cleanup before printing.
:arrow: Gotcha, thanks for that.

- CustomizeGoogle (used to love this until he just stopped updating it)
I wish it kept up with Google's changes better too, but most of its features still work. I had to uncheck "Stream search result pages" because it didn't stream properly and wouldn't stop.
:arrow: Yeah, I wish too. I installed it anyway because it had a couple of things I liked and was worth it, hoping he gets on the changes and updates them.

- gTranslate (you think this is better or BabelFish?)
Haven't tried BabelFish. Is it better? gTranslate is very easy to use.
:arrow: I used to use gTranslate and loved it and frankly not even sure which is better, I know that I use BabelFish right now, not by my favorite developer but still it seems to have an interesting interface and it uses the babel translation, I don't use either that often so I was just curious. I guess best way to know is for me to put them side by side and see.

- IE View (I used ieTab until it started causing crashes and their support sucks)
I'd just as soon not have IE tucked away in a tab. If I'm using IE, I want IE in my face so I don't forget I am. I don't need to use IE often, but I don't dislike it. I merely prefer Firefox. Oh, since there isn't a NoScript for IE, I do run it in Sandboxie.
:arrow: Yeah I don't use IE too much either, infact near never unless testing a website and need to get feedback on various browsers (even test on Safari and Opera) but I prefer Firefox too, although recently its letting me down a bit. Its clever to use a sandbox when running IE, for sure.

- JSView (Firebug seems to do the trick for me, what do you like about this?)
It's very lightweight and easy to use. I removed it from the status bar and context menu. I just tuck it away in the View menu so it doesn't clutter up the UI.
:arrow: Gotcha, makes sense, you are right that my solutions are not exactly lightweight.

- Update Notifier (can you tell me why this is better than the built in function?)
This is just for updates of extensions (and maybe themes, which I don't use). The built in function notifies you about extension updates only when you restart the browser. The Update Notifier icon turns blue right away while you're still using Firefox. It checks once every 24 hours by default, just like Firefox does.
:arrow: Sweet, ok, I can see how that would be useful, thanks for the clarification.

- Work Offline (trying this)
It's nice to have a visual indicator of the Online/Offline status.
:arrow: True, specially that sometimes when working on busy and cluttery html code and viewing it in the browser, it would be nice to make it offline to see if its pulling local or off the site, this is definitely useful to me, thanks.

Thanks for everything man, seriously.
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.10) Gecko/2009042316 Firefox/3.0.10
Alan Baxter
Ambassador

Post by Alan Baxter »

You're welcome. Glad to hear something I have to share is useful. :D It's been frustrating the last couple of days.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.10) Gecko/2009042316 Firefox/3.0.10
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

Alan Baxter wrote:You're welcome. Glad to hear something I have to share is useful. :D It's been frustrating the last couple of days.
Always my friend, always. Yeah to say the least.
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.10) Gecko/2009042316 Firefox/3.0.10