Multi txt selection download does not work.

Ask for help about FlashGot, no registration needed to post
JayKay

Multi txt selection download does not work.

Post by JayKay »

Hi,

I can download a single txt link using flashgot and Internet Download Accelerator but if I select more than one line I get "Download manager not properly installed" error message.
I have enabled extension to batch downloads and changed the javascript.options.showInConsole to true. But nothing does it.
It is a problem I am facing with Vista 32 and Vista 64 machines but not with XP.

Thank you for any help you might provide me.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Multi txt selection download does not work.

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

I will let Giorgio or therube to answer this since they know it much better than I do but from a technical perspective since you are experiencing it on Vista and not XP, I am thinking its some kind of a permission (admin) access issue but not sure. :arrow:
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8 AdblockPlus/1.0.1 NoScript/1.9.1.91 RequestPolicy/0.5.4 FirePHP/0.2.4
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Tested on Vista 32, IDA 5.7.1.1159: both FlashGot Selection and FlashGot All work as expected.
Do the equivalend "Download ALL with IDA" menu item works on Internet Explorer?
If not, please try to reinstall IDA with Administrator privileges.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
JayKay

Post by JayKay »

I tried reinstalling with amin privileges but still the same problem. (When I tried "download with IDA" with explorer I got an error message: Automation server can't create object from idaie.htm)

Even when I try to download multiple linked shortcuts in flashgot I get the error message.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

If you got an error with IE as well, that's definitely an IDM configuration problem, not FlashGot's fault.
Since reinstalling it doesn't help, you may want to check your security software (anti-virus, personal firewalls and so on) from excessively restrictive settings and/or try a different download manager, such as Orbit Downloader or Free Download Manager.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

This sounds like a really badly messed up permission issue caused by UAC or improper installation on the first run. Either way may I recommend some steps that "might" fix your problem.
  1. Uninstall IDM through the control panel
  2. Make sure you manually remove any left over folder/files in "Program Files" left over from IDM
  3. Check the "Common Files" folder and manually remove any folder/file left over from IDM
  4. Now here is the part most people miss on Vista, remove traces of IDM in the VirtualStore location found here: C:\Users\<YOURNAME>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files and remove any traces of IDM and also look in the Common Files folder and remove all traces
Because of the permission difference in UAC, there are sometimes files written to this location when permission is not given to write into the Program Files directory (such as running without admin) and these will often interfere with future reinstalls if they are not removed. Then once all is removed and done, do a clean reinstall of IDM (right-click and run as administrator) and DO NOT LAUNCH AT THE END OF THE INSTALLATION BECAUSE YOU ARE STILL RUNNING AS ADMIN, close it and then you can try again from inside your browser and see how it goes. Let me know if this helps. Good luck.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8 AdblockPlus/1.0.1 NoScript/1.9.1.91 RequestPolicy/0.5.4 FirePHP/0.2.4
JayKay

Post by JayKay »

I am using kasperksy internet security and have given both the IDA setup and IDA a trusted tag within Kaspersky.
I have followed the uninstall / install procedures (have not found any files in "Common Files" or virtual store dirs).
I still have the same message... I am getting desperate, I paid money for IDA and it has been a long time I am using it and I really feel comfortable with it, so it pains me to have to change it.

How come I am able to highlight and flashgot successfully ONE entry but not more. It seems to me that there is a communication problem between flashgot and IDA when text has to be analysed and different links identified and sent to download.
It must have something to do with Vista since it works flawlessly on XP... I tried to troubleshoot any restriction vista might put on program execution but found nothing, then again, flashgot is able to function properly with IDA when a single download link is selected (flashgot selected).
therube
Ambassador

Post by therube »

?

http://www.google.com/search?q=Automati ... nt=mozilla

O8 - Extra context menu item: Download ALL with IDA - C:\Program Files\IDA\idaieall.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download with IDA - C:\Program Files\IDA\idaie.htm

Windows Script. Seemingly v5.7 is what comes with Vista.

?

Perhaps post the code (source) of this idaie.htm.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b4pre) Gecko/20090410 SeaMonkey/2.0b1pre
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

It could be possible but only Giorgio would know about that, can you provide what therube asked for?
JayKay

Post by JayKay »

Here is the source for idaie.htm:

<SCRIPT TYPE="text/javascript" LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.2">

var IDACOMObj = new ActiveXObject("idaie.moveurlida");
if(IDACOMObj)
{
var dmEvent = external.menuArguments.event;
var dmDoc = external.menuArguments.document;

var dmElement = dmDoc.elementFromPoint(dmEvent.clientX, dmEvent.clientY);
var dmAnchor = dmElement;
var URL = "";
while(dmAnchor.tagName!="HTML" && dmAnchor.tagName!="A" && dmAnchor.tagName!="AREA")
{
dmAnchor=dmAnchor.parentElement;
}
if(dmEvent.type=="MenuExtUnknown" || dmEvent.type=="MenuExtImage" || dmEvent.type=="MenuExtAnchor")
{
if(dmAnchor.tagName=="A" || dmAnchor.tagName=="AREA") {URL = dmAnchor.href;}
if(dmElement.tagName=="IMG" && dmAnchor.tagName=="HTML") {URL = dmElement.src;}
}
if(URL!="")
{
var refererURL = external.menuArguments.document.URL;
IDACOMObj.AddURL(URL, refererURL);
}
}
else
{
alert("ActiveX automation object placed in IDAIE.DLL is not registered or corrupted. Please try reinstall Internet Download Accelerator");
}
</SCRIPT>

And for idaieall.htm:

<SCRIPT language="VBScript">
On Error Resume Next
set allLinks = external.menuArguments.document.links
ReDim linksArray(allLinks.length*2)
for i = 0 to allLinks.length-1
linksArray(i*2)=allLinks(i).href
linksArray(i*2+1)=allLinks(i).innerText
next
set IDACOMObj = CreateObject("idaie.moveurlida")
if err<>0 then
MsgBox("ActiveX automation object placed in IDAIE.DLL is not registered or corrupted. Please try reinstall Internet Download Accelerator")
else
call IDACOMObj.AddURLs(linksArray, external.menuArguments.document.Url)
end if
</SCRIPT>
JayKay

Post by JayKay »

...bump...
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Try to locate the IDAIE.DLL file (it's probably inside your IDA installation directory) and run the following command from a command prompt:

Code: Select all

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Internet Download Accelerator\IDAIE.DLL"
(changing the path to the actual IDA one).
JayKay

Post by JayKay »

First I want to thank you all for your help.

At the risk of repeating myself flashgot and IDA work fine when there is a single download link selected. It is only when I select two or more links and "flashgot selection" that things dont work.

I executed the regsvr32 on idaie.dll but that did not solve the problem.

I hope I am not too much of an annoyance but I am unable to troubleshoot this one!

Again thank you.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.9) Gecko/2009040821 Firefox/3.0.9 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Since we don't manage to make it work with IE either, this issue probably belongs to Internet Download Accelerator's own support, rather then here, because it's not a FlashGot problem but an IDA one.
Sorry for not being of help.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.0.9) Gecko/2009040821 Firefox/3.0.9 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)