[DONE] [RFE] No flashing reel icon for customization

Ask for help about FlashGot, no registration needed to post
surferby

[DONE] [RFE] No flashing reel icon for customization

Post by surferby »

Hello. The problem is that I am using FF4. Flashgot is working as usually good. But the problem is that it is showing the flashing reel icon on the addon bar at the bottom of the page. Clicking this icon the download link is transferred from flashgot to dta.

From view menu I have chosen not to show the addon bar as I have moved all the necessary add on icons in the navigation bar, after searchbar. All addons that I use have their associated icons available at -> right click on navigationbar -> customize. From there any necessary icons can be dragged in to the navigationbar. But the flashing reel icon of flashgot is not available there which shows up only at the addon bar.

Can that be obtained in customization toolbar window or directly in navigation bar through any technique?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: No flashing reel icon for customization

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Not yet.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.2; WOW64; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
surferby

Re: No flashing reel icon for customization

Post by surferby »

Thanks for your reply. I wish it would be available in any of the future updates.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
ShakaZ

Re: [RFE] No flashing reel icon for customization

Post by ShakaZ »

+1 Hope you add an option to move the streaming media button.
It took me quite some time to figure out where the button had disappeared after upgrading to FF4. Would have helped if right-clicking on that button mentioned it's part of Flashgot. I now remember I chose a different icon for this button (fg7.png) some months ago. For some reason I can't find where I did that in the Flashgot options. Maybe it's due to using a black skin for firefox.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:2.0) Gecko/20110327 Firefox/4.0 Iceweasel/4.0
javalan

Post by javalan »

surferby wrote:Hello. The problem is that I am using FF4. Flashgot is working as usually good. But the problem is that it is showing the flashing reel icon on the addon bar at the bottom of the page. Clicking this icon the download link is transferred from flashgot to dta.

From view menu I have chosen not to show the addon bar as I have moved all the necessary add on icons in the navigation bar, after searchbar. All addons that I use have their associated icons available at -> right click on navigationbar -> customize. From there any necessary icons can be dragged in to the navigationbar. But the flashing reel icon of flashgot is not available there which shows up only at the addon bar.

Can that be obtained in customization toolbar window or directly in navigation bar through any technique?
I'd like to support surferby with his request about making the flashing reel icon moveable (in ff4) from the add-on bar to the navigation bar. To save space on my browser I moved all my buttons from the add-on bar next to the url bar and closed down the add-on bar altogether. But this has prevented me from seeing flashgot's flashing reel icon since it is, at the moment, undetectable from the add-on bar. Please continue your fine work flash-got!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0

Post by Guest »

I recognize all the effort and work Giorgio made in FlashGot. Also, as many other, I move too all the extension's icons to the toolbar. All except the FlashGot media icon.

Reading on the forum I found a post from February asking about this, and the answer was "it was be ready before the launch of Firefox 4". Unfortunately, Firefox 4 has been launched and FlashGot still doesn't have a toolbar icon for media.

So, I try to add myself a button. To do this I needed to edit some internal files of FlashGot. Here's how it looks like:

Here are only the modified files. (Anyone who wants this needs to edit the extension file).
This isn't the best solution. Only a workaround. I hope that Giorgio make this button in a future release.
http://jlourigse.comlu.com/FlashGot_tbutton.zip
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
Jorge_Luis

Post by Jorge_Luis »

Sorry, I didn't notice that guests can post in the forum. But, I don't want to show the post as "guest", its so anonymous.
(JLOURIGSE => JLOURIGSE => JORGE LUIS) :D
surferby

Post by surferby »

Its nice of you Jorge_Luis. I hope Giorgio will soon take necessary steps to implement that.

But wouldn't it be easier if it was in xpi :idea:
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

@Jorge_Luis:

I'll look into your code during this weekend, thank you for contributing it.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.2; WOW64; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Done in latest development build, thanks :)

(notice, the final code is quite different than Jorge Luis' to make it emulate and replace the legacy status bar icon)
Jorge_Luis

Post by Jorge_Luis »

Wow! That's fast Giorgio! :D
I saw the update on the status bar icon. I tried to don't join one with the other because when customize, if you aren't in a page with a video the button is hidden and if you customize the toolbar and add a button(s) beyond the Media button, this new button(s) will move right and left everytime, that's because I made it enabled/disabled. These aren't big troubles, and sure can be fixed on future builds.
But, of course, I'm new in the forum and I don't know what people likes.

@surferby: I didn't want a new download link for the addon. I think that if you have a program you would prefer that people download it from your site. My idea wasn't made a new version of FlashGot, only show that a workaround can be maded. ;)

Jorge Ajlin
:ugeek: Button Maker :ugeek:

(bahhh, just joking :lol: :lol: :lol: )
Jorge_Luis

Post by Jorge_Luis »

Giorgio Maone wrote:Done in latest development build, thanks :)

(notice, the final code is quite different than Jorge Luis' to make it emulate and replace the legacy status bar icon)
I think there is a bug that I have too when trying to do the button.
Looks like the context menu only appears if the addon bar is showed. When hidden, the context menu doesn't work.
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Jorge_Luis wrote: I think there is a bug that I have too when trying to do the button.
Looks like the context menu only appears if the addon bar is showed. When hidden, the context menu doesn't work.
Fixed in latest development build
surferby

Post by surferby »

Thank you Giorgio Maone for keeping the request.

I am very happy to see the new update. :D

Its working perfect - the flashing reel button is now on the top.