HowTo download flash FLV out of flashplayer with FF4

Ask for help about FlashGot, no registration needed to post
DirkSM

HowTo download flash FLV out of flashplayer with FF4

Post by DirkSM »

With FF3.6 I could download FLV-Files (e.g. from YouTube) by clicking on the small icon in the status bar after starting the video. In FF4, the status bar is hidden by default. Alt-Click on the Website should start FlashGot, but either it does nothing or only downloads a swf File - the player itself.

It is still possible to activate the add-on bar in FF4, but this would not be necessary, if there is another way to DL the video. Any recommendation how to get it without the add-on bar?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
ShakaZ

Re: HowTo download flash FLV out of flashplayer with FF4

Post by ShakaZ »

It's not possible to do it without the add-on bar atm : http://forums.informaction.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6150
In the meantime you can easily toggle the display of the add-on bar with the Ctrl+/ shortcut.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:2.0) Gecko/20110327 Firefox/4.0 Iceweasel/4.0
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

You can also add the "FlashGot Media (ctrl+F7)" command to the right click menu, from FlashGot Options|Menu.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.2; WOW64; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
DirkSM

Post by DirkSM »

CTRL-F7 is working, but this hotkey requires two hands and I have to leave my mouse alone to press it. Could this code be changed via about:config to e.g. CTRL+F1?

+1 Hope you add an option to move the streaming media button to the top (http://forums.informaction.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6150).
DirkSM

Post by DirkSM »

DirkSM wrote:CTRL-F7 is working
RMB is a better alternative for me. It is much faster as searching for hotkeys or icons. Thank's to Giorgio for this tip.