Firefox 55 no download selectable?

Ask for help about FlashGot, no registration needed to post
ffuser123

Firefox 55 no download selectable?

Post by ffuser123 »

Hi,

I've updated to 55 and after the restart of Firefox flashgot does not let me select (tick on) files etc. anymore.

I mean the ctrl+f3 / popup window. Usually i ticked the files I wanted on and it worked fine.

I do like flashgot very much and I am already missing that feature :/

Is ist FF55? Is there a solution for this or a alternativ which works like flashgot?

I used Flashgot I believe since the beginning, 10+ years and have no idea which downloader really is similar.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:55.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/55.0
ffuser123

Re: Firefox 55 no download selectable?

Post by ffuser123 »

I was afraid of it but is this already related to the FF57 armageddon? I'm really not keen on how Mozzila handels this. It' so frustrating.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:55.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/55.0
nightlyuser

Post by nightlyuser »

Hi,

As a daily user of nightly, flashgot worked through all of 55, most of 56 up through to just before the code freeze a week before 57. At that point and beyond it broke.

You might need to look elsewhere for the issue, for example there are some extensions that can break flashgot.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
InTheSameBoat

Post by InTheSameBoat »

Hi,
This is the same problem that I'm facing. Is there any workaround to this? :?: I'd rather not look for a new download manager. I love flashgot.
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16
bflashgot

Post by bflashgot »

Problem persists into FF 55.0.1. I've tried disabling all other add-ons, but still no joy. The menu option to Flashgot a link is greyed out for everything.

On Youtube, you used to be able to right-click on the Flashgot button and get the entire list of videos where you could pick your favourite resolution to download. The button doesn't even show up anymore.

I've switched over to 'Savefrom' and 'Video downloadhelper' for now. They both work on the new FF, but I'd much rather be using Flashgot.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:55.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/55.0
bflashgot

Post by bflashgot »

Update: the culprit is the multiprocess feature introduced in FF 55, and this can be disabled via about:config. Create a boolean called browser.tabs.remote.force-enable and set it to false.

Restart FF and Flashgot behaviour should be back to what it was before.
UncleAaron

Post by UncleAaron »

bflashgot wrote:Update: the culprit is the multiprocess feature introduced in FF 55, and this can be disabled via about:config. Create a boolean called browser.tabs.remote.force-enable and set it to false.

Restart FF and Flashgot behaviour should be back to what it was before.
I tried this, and after a restart of the browser, I'm stilling not able to check the download I want!
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
bflashgot

Post by bflashgot »

UncleAaron wrote:I tried this, and after a restart of the browser, I'm stilling not able to check the download I want!
In about:support, does Multiprocess Windows show a 0, 0/1 or Disabled status? If not, it's still running.

Also, check inside Tools -> Options -> General -> Performance and ensure multiprocessing is not turned on by default.
lemonancy

Post by lemonancy »

I just recently encountered this problem too, but it's only because I started using Waterfox 55.0.2 instead of my outdated Firefox version.

At first, I couldn't check any of the selections in the Flashgot download dialog. I tried turning off the Multiprocesses like the previous posts said, but it still didn't look like things could be checked.

HOWEVER it seems that even though it doesn't look like the checkboxes are being checked when you click them, it's still registering as a check. So try clicking on the checkbox area of the selections you want, and then click the OK button and it should download what you 'selected'.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64; rv:55.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/55.0.2 Waterfox/55.0.2
NeverBeenHereBefore

Post by NeverBeenHereBefore »

The solution I'm using is that the 'tick' is not displayed, but if you select a file by clicking the mouse, even though you cannot see the tick, the file is still selected and ready for download.

To check this, you can hover the mouse over where the 'tick' would normally be displayed, and if you see the word 'false' displayed, then that file is not selected for download.

However if you hover the mouse over the invisible 'tick' and the word 'false' is NOT displayed, then this file is selceted and can be downloaded.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; rv:55.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/55.0
dreus

Post by dreus »

Thank you NeverBeenHereBefore for the headsup on the 'false' label! Saved my day! Stoopid FF!
I have to download loads of work files and Flashgot saves me tonnes of time since our IT guy makes our life hard by listing files on loads of separate pages. I'm hoping the tick marks will reappear.

This last FF update is a PITA, and is freezing up constantly.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; rv:55.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/55.0
daffdaemon

Post by daffdaemon »

I have same problem. Tried all the about:config suggestions. Did not resolve. The only thing that seems to work is 'select all'.
No checks appear but downloads everything. Then you've got the extra step of deleting all the garbage.
I don't see any 'false' tag when I try the blind selection method either. The other thing I tried was the file extensions filter. That does nothing either. Is there an ETA on fix.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:56.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/56.0
Daffdaemon

Post by Daffdaemon »

Update: The select all trick isn't working now either. NO Idea why it worked then suddenly stopped. aaarg!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:56.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/56.0
dreus

Post by dreus »

OK so I ive been checking back here to see if there's any update on this. None so far it seems.
Not sure what's changed yr end Daffdaemon. All my right click Flashgot choices are all good (i.e. not greyed out). My problem with invisible check marks persists, but I have no problems with Flashgot All choice, and all download OK when I check select all or click download all by default, or if I click individually. "False" still appears, altho sometimes delayed.
My FF is still on 55.03 and I'm thinking not to upgrade FF at all (I'm so fed up with things disappearing) snce it seems Flashgot is totally disabled in 57. I have not played with config settings at all.

Blasted FF developers, if they supplied & maintained our cars, they'd be pulling bits off after every service: oh you needed your door? It was preventing us from getting to the steering wheel! Microsoft also would have folded many many years ago if they made cars! :evil:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; rv:55.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/55.0