OSX Sierra 10.12.6 Firefox 52 ESR: No terminal window

Ask for help about FlashGot, no registration needed to post
pol

OSX Sierra 10.12.6 Firefox 52 ESR: No terminal window

Post by pol »

I just tried Mac OS X Sierra 10.12.6 with Firefox 52 ESR and Flashgot 1.5.6.14

When I choose as download manager cURL (both in Flashgot Media and General tabs) the download proceeds immediately without opening any terminal window, but in the background.

In my Linux box it does open a terminal window and so was it doing versions before in my OSX Snow Leopard with older versions of Firefox.

I want to be able to check the download speed and size of the video. The first, because, if it stalls or is too slow, I might want to try it later or check my connection instead of assuming it's working ok and move away from a wifi connection before it finishes downloading; the second, because sometimes I may mistakenly choose the wrong file and start download one that is too big for my needs.

Do I need to tweak some settings to see again that terminal window?

Thanks
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_12_6) AppleWebKit/603.3.8 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.1.2 Safari/603.3.8
Thrawn
Master Bug Buster

Re: OSX Sierra 10.12.6 Firefox 52 ESR: No terminal window

Post by Thrawn »

That sounds like operating system behavior unrelated to FlashGot.
======
Thrawn
------------
Religion is not the opium of the masses. Daily life is the opium of the masses.

True religion, which dares to acknowledge death and challenge the way we live, is an attempt to wake up.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/45.0
pol

Post by pol »

Thanks for your reply.
Thrawn wrote:That sounds like operating system behavior unrelated to FlashGot.
Possibly, but that's what I'm asking. It seems an unwanted behaviour for flashgot. Maybe I need to change some system settings for getting that window back.

Mind you an additional, non-minor problem of this is that using anything but the built-in download manager leaves you without a possibility to stop a download.
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_12_6) AppleWebKit/603.3.8 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.1.2 Safari/603.3.8
Pol

Post by Pol »

Does anybody have at least a positive result, i.e., flashgot working as usual with say curl/wget under OSX Sierra. As mentioned above, by that I mean it opens a terminal window with the details of the ongoing download. This would be much appreciated.

Thanks.