Excel files bug

Ask for help about FlashGot, no registration needed to post
PierreFromParis

Excel files bug

Post by PierreFromParis »

Hi,
I just wanted to report a bug in FlasgGot 1.5.6.14 with Firefox 51.0.1 (latest) with the option "download all files" (my FlashGot is in French so this is my guess for English).
Whatever the download manager chosen (even integrated to navigator), the Excel files are corrupted :the content of the file is actually HTML code instead of Excel code.
The sites from which I want to download files are in HTTPS and need authentication. :?

:( I tried different things that did not solve the issue :
- active HTTP authentication
- delete "mimeTypes.rdf" from my profile so that Firefox re-generates it.

:) This solved the issue : switching from "download all files" to specific "Extensions".

That's all !
Best regards,
Pierre
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:51.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/51.0
PierreFromParis

Re: Excel files bug

Post by PierreFromParis »

Update :
Swithchin to "Extension" does solve the issue only if Excel extensions are not listed.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:51.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/51.0
therube
Ambassador

Re: Excel files bug

Post by therube »

Not likely an issue with FlashGot, but rather an issue with the way the site is serving the files, & an action like 'FlashGot All' will not work.

The files are certainly not "corrupting".

Open the downloaded .html files & see what its reporting.

You may need to click the individual .xls file, wait for the dialog, then select FlashGot as the chosen (download) action.

And even with that, depending, you may need to use 'Browser built-in' rather then an external download manager. You'll just have to try & see.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.46