cannot download parts of videos on vk

Ask for help about FlashGot, no registration needed to post
mikegreek

cannot download parts of videos on vk

Post by mikegreek »

Flashgot is my favorite add on, have been using it for years. Since vk upgraded its interface, i don't seem to be able to download video .mp4 files anymore. To be more exact, I used to get to the end of a video clip, and choose the appropriate file size, and download it. This feature is not working anymore. Is there something that I could do, or is it a bug, that the development team, needs to figure out? Thank you for the amazing addon
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/49.0
therube
Ambassador

Re: cannot download parts of videos on vk

Post by therube »

Are you using an external download manager?
If so, try with 'browser built-in'.

If not, URL (of a "wall" preferably) that might contain a relatively small sample mp4?
(I have no login.)

(And I "saw" that they are now forcing JavaScript too. "Saw" in that I was redirected to https://vk.com/badbrowser.php, but otherwise unsure just how that may or may not affect things.)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:43.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.40
mikegreek

Re: cannot download parts of videos on vk

Post by mikegreek »

Thank you for the response. You gave me the idea, and I used the mobile version of vk on my browser, and the add on worked, pretty much as it used to, but i still cannot "segment" the .mp4. I am using the browser built in.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/49.0