What do I do with a download manager???

Ask for help about FlashGot, no registration needed to post
Danny13219

What do I do with a download manager???

Post by Danny13219 »

I've installed like 5 different download managers. Well. what for? Nothing happens. Just blank screens. I don't understand at all. It worked sometimes before I installed a download manager. Now it never does. Why do I need a download manager? And what do I do??? I'm so lost and frustrated.

I'm able to download a track on Google Play Music about every 50 times I try. I'm not doing anything at all different each time. Why does it work sometimes, but most often not? Does it have a mind of its own?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/45.0
Thrawn
Master Bug Buster

Re: What do I do with a download manager???

Post by Thrawn »

Download managers are intended to help you manage your downloads, eg retrying failed downloads (sometimes reusing the part already downloaded), etc. Firefox has one built in.

If you're using FlashGot, then its intention is to detect media on the page, so that you can instruct your chosen download manager what to retrieve.

Without more information about the issue you're experiencing with Google Play, it's difficult to help you.
======
Thrawn
------------
Religion is not the opium of the masses. Daily life is the opium of the masses.

True religion, which dares to acknowledge death and challenge the way we live, is an attempt to wake up.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/45.0
Danny13219

Post by Danny13219 »

I have no idea what you mean by "instruct my download manager". I don't think I'm ever going to figure this out. Every reply I get and everything I read seems to be aimed at Computer Experts. I want this extension more than any I've ever seen. It apparently works for so many. It works about 5% of the time for me even though I'm doing nothing different each time. Thanks for replying.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/45.0
therube
Ambassador

Post by therube »

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:43.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.40