FlashGot & Free Download Manager

Ask for help about FlashGot, no registration needed to post
DestXX

FlashGot & Free Download Manager

Post by DestXX »

My old laptop operated crashed and I had to get a new one, which also operates with Windows 10. In Flashgot Options, I can no longer select Free Download Manager as the "Download Manager" selection on the Menu tab. I have download the executable for FDM; but not sure what else to do to integrate it with FlashGot. Would someone help me out?

Thanks in advance.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:44.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/44.0
warb

Re: FlashGot & Free Download Manager

Post by warb »

download the 3.9.7 version. the 5.1 doesn't get auto recognized
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:47.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/47.0
Corvid

Post by Corvid »

Likely the issue is that the new version of FDM is 64 bit so FlashGot isn't able to recognize it.
I'd like to propose adding support for 64 bit FDM. As things continue to move to 64 bit it's going to become necessary at some point
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:48.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/48.0
nolan_vode

Post by nolan_vode »

Corvid wrote:Likely the issue is that the new version of FDM is 64 bit so FlashGot isn't able to recognize it.
I'd like to propose adding support for 64 bit FDM. As things continue to move to 64 bit it's going to become necessary at some point
Yes. For me, Flashgot recognizes the latest FDM 5.1, but when you try to download something with it via Flashgot, a Flashgot error pops up saying "Download Manager not properly installed. Incorrect Function".

Perhaps adding support for FDM 5 was because it was beta, but the latest FDM 5.1 is a stable version.

Can anybody suggest a dl/ manager similar to FDM that Flashgot recognizes, in speed/features? Every time I go out there and try something else, I always come back to FDM.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/49.0
therube
Ambassador

Post by therube »

The last time I looked in the FDM forums, it was stated that 5 did not work with FlashGot (or something along those lines).

Are they saying different now, or have they given any reason why it might not be working with FlashGot?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:43.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.40

Post by Guest »

More and more FF users move on to Waterfox due to mozilla totally breaking FF.
Addon support almost gone, plugin support almost gone and so on.

In waterfox us geeks who love customizing the browser making it do what we want when we want and looking as we want has found a home.
Also Alex who develop Waterfox is quite keen on keeping Waterfox secure and free of call home functions.

I find it quite amusing that the old FDM tree work great in Waterfox and flashgot (as I remember it) but not the new flagship v5.x of FDM.

Is it really that hard to implement support for FDM v5.x? I am no coder and I really don't mean to criticize you guys, I am just curious.
I love the flashgot extension and would hate to not be able to use it in the future.

Keep up the great work and keep developing.. ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:56.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/56.0
jarfin

Post by jarfin »

flashgot is tool for browser,but looks it noe useless junk. why! whats mater??

why its not update support fireworks newest version as always bfore??

what is point to keep it alive,if no1 cant do it nthing and also why donate it or direct support?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0