Video with 0 bytes from specific url

Ask for help about FlashGot, no registration needed to post
hiratafabio

Video with 0 bytes from specific url

Post by hiratafabio »

I searched through the pages to see if I could find a similar issue, and I did find this one: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=20627. I tried the same solution, but to no avail. Video keeps downloading as 0 byte. Videos from Youtube downloads just fine. even with other add-ons enbled.

The one I'm trying to download is: http://voddownload05.globo.com/v0/0b/2a ... JQ&k=flash

Any ideas?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:40.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/40.0
barbaz

Re: Video with 0 bytes from specific url

Post by barbaz »

The board broke your link, please re-post it in url tags, like this

Code: Select all

[url]link here[/url]
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
hiratafabio

Post by hiratafabio »

barbaz wrote:The board broke your link, please re-post it in url tags, like this

Code: Select all

[url]link here[/url]
Oops, sorry! Here you go:

http://voddownload05.globo.com/v0/0b/2a ... iA&k=flash

Thanks!
therube
Ambassador

Post by therube »

The link is no good (to me at least, & I have seen the same from other similar posted links to globo.com), but yesterday I downloaded a clip ... Brazil, kid went out a window, or something or the other, & that downloaded just fine.

If you're getting this link from a web posting, it might be "stale" or otherwise have "protection" or "timeout" feature included (or require a cookie, or ...), where, in my case, it does nothing.

You may need to start at the "source" of the clip to have a chance to get it?

This was not the page I started from http://g1.globo.com/sao-paulo/noticia/2015/09/policia-investiga-se-menino-era-capaz-de-se-jogar-de-janela-de-predio-em-sp.html & can't get the clip to actually play, currently, but it was probably ? what I had looked at. (If it is, there is a real interesting suspension bridge in the shot.)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.35
hiratafabio

Post by hiratafabio »

therube wrote:The link is no good (to me at least, & I have seen the same from other similar posted links to globo.com), but yesterday I downloaded a clip ... Brazil, kid went out a window, or something or the other, & that downloaded just fine.

If you're getting this link from a web posting, it might be "stale" or otherwise have "protection" or "timeout" feature included (or require a cookie, or ...), where, in my case, it does nothing.

You may need to start at the "source" of the clip to have a chance to get it?

This was not the page I started from [seem to have forgotten the link!], & can't get the clip to actually play, currently, but it was probably ? what I had looked at. (If it is, there is a real interesting suspension bridge in the shot.)
Yeah, it requires authentication to be played, maybe it prevents you from seeing it if you're not logged in =(

The page containing the clip is this one http://globosatplay.globo.com/multishow/v/4192299/. Maybe is no use because you probably need to be logged in as well to see that one or to at least get the video to start loading.

Logfile would help?
therube
Ambassador

Post by therube »

Yeah, that looks like you need to be logged in (via TV subscription service or something or the other).

Try the [edited] link I posted above to the news clip, & see if that one works for you.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.35
hiratafabio

Post by hiratafabio »

therube wrote:Yeah, that looks like you need to be logged in (via TV subscription service or something or the other).

Try the [edited] link I posted above to the news clip, & see if that one works for you.
That's it, I use my TV subscription to watch the videos. Wish there was a way to save them so I could cut it and send an excerpt to a friend.

The edited link works just fine.
user

Post by user »

I say it's either a one-time link or the server expects certain request headers or even just a different HTTP protocol version (e.g. I've seen servers refusing connections if they weren't HTTP/1.1), or all of the above. :) Try using the browser built-in download manager? Also try seeking and see if FlashGot intercepts any new links, and if it does and the "h" parameter (or the part of the path after the video ID, i.e. /4192299_THIS_PART/4192299-web720...) is different for each link then most likely the links are one-time ones.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:28.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.25
user

Post by user »

Also, if you're using an external download manager, make sure it uses the same proxy and User-Agent as the browser. Because the server may bind the "h" parameter (or cookies, or whatever) to the "initial" IP address, i.e. the address the video page was requested from.
hiratafabio

Post by hiratafabio »

user wrote:I say it's either a one-time link or the server expects certain request headers or even just a different HTTP protocol version (e.g. I've seen servers refusing connections if they weren't HTTP/1.1), or all of the above. :) Try using the browser built-in download manager? Also try seeking and see if FlashGot intercepts any new links, and if it does and the "h" parameter (or the part of the path after the video ID, i.e. /4192299_THIS_PART/4192299-web720...) is different for each link then most likely the links are one-time ones.
I'm using Firefox's built-in download manager.

I loaded another video and the 'h' parameter is different indeed (I tried to paste it here, but the forum is interpreting it as spam).
user

Post by user »

By seeking I meant changing the playback position (time), not loading another video. The point was in seeing how the URL changes for the same video. Anyway, if it doesn't work with the built-in download manager then I'm 99% sure that the link is a one-time one. 1% goes to the Flash plugin sendng a specific header that the server expects. If you're willing to spend some time comparing the request headers sent by the plugin and the download manager, here are the instructions.
hiratafabio

Post by hiratafabio »

user wrote:By seeking I meant changing the playback position (time), not loading another video. The point was in seeing how the URL changes for the same video. Anyway, if it doesn't work with the built-in download manager then I'm 99% sure that the link is a one-time one. 1% goes to the Flash plugin sendng a specific header that the server expects. If you're willing to spend some time comparing the request headers sent by the plugin and the download manager, here are the instructions.
Oops, got that wrong, my bad.

Jumping to another part of the video does change some things: the numbers after 'h=' and adds '&start=time' (in seconds) after '=flash'