flashgot does not grap video link from new JW player

Ask for help about FlashGot, no registration needed to post
furiatech

flashgot does not grap video link from new JW player

Post by furiatech »

flashgot was graping links perfectly from a site using the JW Player, but they updated to version 6.12, now flashgot its not picking them up anymore
what can i do?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:39.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/39.0
therube
Ambassador

Re: flashgot does not grap video link from new JW player

Post by therube »

URL to sites(s) that use this player?
(Thinking more apt to be a change in their delivery method, RTMP, or web page code, obfuscating the links.)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:36.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.33.1
furiatech

Post by furiatech »

its behind login and pass, the site does not have video outside the protected area that can be tested with, I can provide a pc with team viewer for developer to test, the jw plugin is from www.jwplayer.com, its the premium version

edit: on this link the player works with flashgot http://support.jwplayer.com/customer/po ... -video-ads but that is the ads version, the premium version is the one that wont work and the site streams the videos, the old version streamed the videos also, so it was slow, very slow , the only way i could watch is grab the videos with flash got then download, then watch

with the new 6.12 version of jw i cant download anymore, if i save page html with the video on it as html and send it would it help?
user

Post by user »

Having the HTML source won't hurt, although it's of little help. What would help greatly is:
0) Install Live HTTP Headers or anything that can capture HTTP requests made by the browser.
1) Switch the Flash plugin to the Ask/Click to Activate mode.
2) Load the video page.
3) Start the HTTP request logger. (In Live HTTP Headers, check all the checkboxes on the Generator tab.)
4) Activate the Flash plugin (click the placeholder or use the icon in the location bar).
5) Wait for the video to start playing, stop the logger, save the log to a file. (In Live HTTP Headers, save both Headers and Generator tabs.)
6) Before posting the log, remove all the Authorization, Cookie and Set-Cookie headers from it (it's one header per line, e.g. Cookie: a=b; xyz=123).
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:28.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.25
anotheruser

Post by anotheruser »

Flashgot has stopped working for Shooshtime, for example, which is using JW Player 6.12.xxxx. Is this going to a permanent problem?
therube
Ambassador

Post by therube »

Without looking too closely, it seems they stream with RTMP, which FlashGot does not see.
But, they also give you a separate download link, just below the video, that looked to work.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.38