Downloading multiple images

Ask for help about FlashGot, no registration needed to post
Mainman

Downloading multiple images

Post by Mainman »

Hi

I am brand new here and have only just started using the FlashGot plugin for Firefox, so forgive the newbie question.

Here's what I am trying to do.

I have a website with a ton of images I want. They are all in a certain directpry called "Images" The format is

hxxp://www.website,com/images/10665.jpg
hxxp://www.website,com/images/10666.jpg
hxxp://www.website,com/images/10667.jpg

etc.

I have figured out that the Build Gallery option allows me to bring all these images into a single webpage (using the syntax http://www.website,com/images/[10665-11000;1].jpg or somsuch)

But what I want to be able to do is have all those images download to a selected folder on my hard drive, not load into a massive web page.

is there a way to do this?

Thanks!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/41.0.2272.101 Safari/537.36
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: Downloading multiple images

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Mainman wrote:
I have figured out that the Build Gallery option allows me to bring all these images into a single webpage (using the syntax http://www.website,com/images/[10665-11000;1].jpg or somsuch)

But what I want to be able to do is have all those images download to a selected folder on my hard drive, not load into a massive web page.

Quite simple: as soon as you've got your "massive web page", you just use "FlashGot All (Ctrl+F3)" :)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:36.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/36.0
Mainman

Post by Mainman »

Giorgio Maone wrote:
Mainman wrote:

Quite simple: as soon as you've got your "massive web page", you just use "FlashGot All (Ctrl+F3)" :)
Thanks for replying. I tried this, but it doesn't work. It only downloads the image I started with (when I right clicked to do the Build Gallery thing.

Ok, here's what I do (so you can see where I am going wrong)

1) load a single image, say, hxxp://www.website.com/images/100.jpg
2) right click on the image and select Build Gallery
3) in the "preview" box edit the line to hxxp://www.website.com/images/[100-200;1].jpg
4) a new tab now appears showing the 100 images from 100.jpg to 200.jpg
5) Ctrl+F3
6) the blue download arrow (top right) glows briefly
7) my downloads folder only contains the single image from 1)

(Why is there no user guide for this add on?!)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/41.0.2272.101 Safari/537.36

Post by Guest »

Ok, I think I have this figured out. You have to enter the URL range parameter in the "content" box for FlashGot All to work (rather than in the Preview box).

But could you please answer the second part of my question? How can I just get the URL range to download all the images straight to a chosen folder in one step? The problem with having them all load to a big web page is that my computer soon runs out of memory and crashes, so you have to do it a few hundred at a time. This is very tedious.

Thanks
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_1_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11D257 Safari/9537.53
Mainman

Post by Mainman »

the Guest post was from me, by the way - I forgot to log in)

Ok, I think I have this figured out. You have to enter the URL range parameter in the "content" box for FlashGot All to work (rather than in the Preview box).

But could you please answer the second part of my question? How can I just get the URL range to download all the images straight to a chosen folder in one step? The problem with having them all load to a big web page is that my computer soon runs out of memory and crashes, so you have to do it a few hundred at a time. This is very tedious.

Thanks
Giorgio Maone wrote:QFA
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Guest wrote: But could you please answer the second part of my question? How can I just get the URL range to download all the images straight to a chosen folder in one step? The problem with having them all load to a big web page is that my computer soon runs out of memory and crashes, so you have to do it a few hundred at a time. This is very tedious.
There's no way to go straight to the download manager. You've got to use "FlashGot All" or "FlashGot Selection" on the "gallery" web page, sorry.
On a side note, if the links are that many that your computer runs out of memory, it's unlikely that skipping the web page intermediate step would make any difference.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:36.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/36.0
Mainman

Post by Mainman »

Giorgio Maone wrote:
Guest wrote: But could you please answer the second part of my question? How can I just get the URL range to download all the images straight to a chosen folder in one step? The problem with having them all load to a big web page is that my computer soon runs out of memory and crashes, so you have to do it a few hundred at a time. This is very tedious.
There's no way to go straight to the download manager. You've got to use "FlashGot All" or "FlashGot Selection" on the "gallery" web page, sorry.
On a side note, if the links are that many that your computer runs out of memory, it's unlikely that skipping the web page intermediate step would make any difference.
Ok, thanks for your help.