Play list on You tube... How to download all files ?

Ask for help about FlashGot, no registration needed to post
Win_XP_Sp2

Play list on You tube... How to download all files ?

Post by Win_XP_Sp2 »

Hi

I'm new to Falshgot. This is a great idea. Thanks and kudos.

I've used flash got to download a few files from You tube. When the video is fully buffered I see a flash got media menu or use control + F 7 to save the video file.

However if I play a playlist from youtube, I need to wait for each file to play and download. This means I wait for each file to buffer and then manually download...wait for the next ...and so on

Is there a way to make flashgot to download _automatically_ when the next file plays ... or download an entire play list ?

Vital Stats and details
------------------------------------
I use

Win XP Sp 3
Flashgot 1.1.8.7
Sea Monkey 1.1.16
Sea Monkey 's native download manager
You tube for view downloads

Thanks in advance for your help
Regards / subu

PS : for some strange reason I am thrown out of this board when i log in. So used this Guest name to post
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.21) Gecko/20090403 SeaMonkey/1.1.16
therube
Ambassador

Re: Play list on You tube... How to download all files ?

Post by therube »

Sample "playlist", http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgu5_6r3 ... playnext=1.

As the video begins to play, FlashGot Media has the download link for that video.
When you jump to the next video in the "playlist", the first link is lost, & FlashGot Media has the download link for the second video ...

Maybe if there was a way (option) to queue the links, then you could play, jump, play, jump, play, jump, ... & then pull down all (16 in this case) videos in one operation.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.21) Gecko/20090403 SeaMonkey/1.1.16
Win_XP_Sp2

Post by Win_XP_Sp2 »

Thanks Therube

A play list on You tube is automated to play to next song...based on a sequence

So in this jump..play...jump ...play sequence you mentioned, I need to automate flash got ..

Is there a way to automate flashgot so that every time the URL changes flashgot would download the new file ?

Or IF I know the duration of each song (which I do) is it possible to set a timing when flash got Control + F7 would be invoked ?

any way of automating falsh got ?

TIA
regards
Subu
Johnfull

Post by Johnfull »

My experience with FlashGot and YouTube is that the video only has to BEGIN
its play in order for FlashGot to receive the URL and its download can commence.
At this point, the Progress Bar in the lower right completes and the dialog box for
FlashGot appears and you select it and THEN you can manually go to the next
video in sequence in the YouTube window. This saves a great deal of time!
Your Download Manager will display the list of Downloads that are simultaneously
coming into your computer from the YouTube server. Some servers will limit the
number of downloads that you can simultaneously receive, but I don't know if this
is true for YouTube. Just be sure NOT to advance to the next video until the
FlashGot dialog box has come up for the previous one and be clicked off.
I think you can hit the PAUSE key to interrupt a video if YouTube has limited the
number of downloads you can run simultaneoously. This will prevent it from going
to the next video and losing the current window. Just watch the Download Manager
to keep track of the number that are downloading and add as the server will allow...