Empty Rar files, but only with flash get

Ask for help about FlashGot, no registration needed to post
rosfh

Empty Rar files, but only with flash get

Post by rosfh »

well im trying to use flashget, my friend uses it and i did exactly what he did many times to set it up but i just cant get it to work.

my problem is: everytime i use flashget, no matter what the download manager, the rar file come out empty. the file download in like 2 seconds, and then when i extract there is nothing there.

i havent tried it with non rar files, but i dont think thats the problem since i can manually download them just fine.

and...
1. i did enter in my rapidshare acount and password into the manager
2. no i did not us up all my downloads for the day, and my account has not expired
3.i desperately need help =[

if anyone knows of any free Download managers that would help as well ty
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009021910 Firefox/3.0.7
therube
Ambassador

Re: Empty Rar files, but only with flash get

Post by therube »

URL for this RAR file on rapidshare?
What version of FlashGet are you using?

Likely either your link is invalid (or no longer is valid), or you are downloading an html page (a link to the file) instead of the actual file you're expecting.

external Download Managers
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.21) Gecko/20090303 SeaMonkey/1.1.15
rosfh

Post by rosfh »

well i know its not the link because ive triend a million links.

but what i am doing is highlighting the links in a code box of some sort (such as on warez-bb) and right clicking and selecting download selected with flashgot.

is that not right??

what should i do?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009021910 Firefox/3.0.7
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

rosfh wrote:but what i am doing is highlighting the links in a code box of some sort (such as on warez-bb) and right clicking and selecting download selected with flashgot.
That's correct.
But if the target of the link is a protected web site (such as Rapidshare), you should at least be logged in (e.g. in your Rapidshare Premium account) before starting the download.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009021910 Firefox/3.0.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
rosfh

Post by rosfh »

honestly i have no idea whats wrong.. im pretty sure im doing every thing right.

i bet its like just one little thing that i have turned off in the internet options =[
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

Just to put in my two cents, this is not something isolated to FlashGot and I have seen it happen with DownThemALL and even Firefox's built in downloader. I have noticed that it happens on sites that don't allow direct hotlink downloading and must use some referrer or cookie system. I noticed this resolve on a couple of downloads from Rapidshare (non-premium) and MegaUpload (non-premium) and a few other servers where people were hosting on free hosting services which normally don't do hotlinking. Anyway, hope that helps. I don't think its a FlashGot issue, just saying.
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009021910 Firefox/3.0.7