No progress bar?

Ask for help about FlashGot, no registration needed to post
chrispoole

No progress bar?

Post by chrispoole »

Hi,
I've just switched to FlashGot from DownThemAll.

I'm using Aria2c on Mac OS X. I couldn't choose it from the list in FlashGot's prefs, so entered the path myself.

It downloads perfectly fine, but I can't see a progress bar anywhere.

I'm having to check my download bandwidth to see when the download is complete.

Is this usual?
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.0.10) Gecko/2009042315 Firefox/3.0.10
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: No progress bar?

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

I believe there might have been a small confusion. DownThemAll is an actual downloader, so as well as gathering links to a limited extent, it downloads them with the ability to show you the progressbar. However, FlashGot is not actually a downloader, its for lack of a better word, a harvester which allows you great control over how you process mass downloads, as well as individual ones and works with a LARGE base of downloaders, including DTA. So since you are now probably using the buit-in downloader, the progress bar notification is limited to whatever download interface is performing the task. Let me know if that cleared it up?
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.10) Gecko/2009042316 Firefox/3.0.10
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

More precisely, Aria2 is your downloader in this case and it has no UI, hence no progress bar.
Notice that you can use FlashGot with multiple downloaders, including DTA, Aria2 and the built-in, switching among them on the fly according to your needs.
Excellent Mac OS X downloaders are SpeedDownload and iGetter.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.0.10) Gecko/2009042316 Firefox/3.0.10 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

I am sorry, my DTA explanation was due to the fact that the OP said they had it before going to FG. I wasn't familiar with Aria, hence why I made no comment on that and just explained the concept. Thanks for the clarification.
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.10) Gecko/2009042316 Firefox/3.0.10
chrispoole

Post by chrispoole »

That's cleared it up. For some reason, I thought it would be able to create its own progress bar from the output of aria. Wishful thinking!
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.0.10) Gecko/2009042315 Firefox/3.0.10